Topic sorting in Forum Posts

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
c squared b | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 19 2010 5:31 AM

I am a newbie to these forums, and want to avoid duplicating a prior post.  So far, I've read through 10 pages of posts... as of today, only 21 more to go!

A simple sort into two categories ("resource suggestions," and "program enhancements," etc.) would help!

(btw, the title of the post I want to make is "Why I still have a copy of Logos DLS 3.0 installed!").

Perhaps the "tags" feature will help...  The "Related Posts" panel is cool also.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 5:55 AM

Welcome to the Logos forums, CCB! I do recall seeing a couple of other threads of people saying why they still need L3 for one reason or another (e.g., this one and this one). There are certainly good reasons to keep using L3 alongside L4 until the full functionality of L3 has been implemented in L4 and/or until all the Libronix resources on CD have finally been sold off and everything is available as a download.

BTW, nobody will shoot you if you start a new thread that duplicates another one, but thanks for being so thorough in your search to avoid duplication. Actually, starting another thread on a similar topic is sometimes preferable to resurrecting an old dormant one. It's more likely to get noticed anyway, especially if the other one has lots of posts on it and was "done to death" and the subject line is so familiar that people intentionally skip it now, but nothing new has been added to it in over a month or so.

I always use the prefix "Resource suggestion(s): " before my title when I'm posting a resource suggestion, but I agree, sorting capability, or some more granularity in the forums, might help.

Incidentally, searching for things using the forum's search feature is pretty near useless. If you know what's good for you, you'll use Google to search and append site:community.logos.com to your search criteria. You can even add "Home > Suggestions" or similar syntax to limit your search to a particular sub-forum.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 6:05 AM

Also, be sure to check out the Logos forum on UserVoice: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4

That site allows users to vote and rank suggestions and for Logos to give a status.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10
c squared b | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 6:59 AM

Rosie Perera:

.... If you know what's good for you, you'll use Google to search and append site:community.logos.com to your search criteria. You can even add "Home > Suggestions" or similar syntax to limit your search to a particular sub-forum.

Sweet suggestion!

Posts 10
c squared b | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 7:01 AM

Todd Phillips:

Also, be sure to check out the Logos forum on UserVoice: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4

That site allows users to vote and rank suggestions and for Logos to give a status.

I looked that this and tried seaching.  Is Rosie's suggestion the best way to see if your choice is available?

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 6:07 PM

c squared b:

Todd Phillips:

I looked that this and tried seaching.  Is Rosie's suggestion the best way to see if your choice is available?

The "Enter your idea" box at the top also acts as a search for the whole list. Type in some keywords and click Search and it will filter the list to show only those existing suggestions that mention those keywords. Then poke through them and see if someone else has already suggested essentially the same idea. If so, vote for it rather than creating a new competing suggestion.

It's nowhere near as daunting a task searching through the UserVoice forum as it is searching through the Suggestions forum at community.logos.com, because the latter is newer, and it's very focused and there are only a few dozen posts there. (Actually, at the moment there seems to be something wrong with the page and I can't page through beyond the "Top ideas" page to see All of them. There were something under 100 in all at last check, though, I'm pretty sure.)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS