Hyperlink Not Sending to appropriate Panel

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Matthew Snyder | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 26 2018 11:10 AM

In my layout, I'm working with a resource in my middle panel that links to the multiple scriptures referenced. I have it set up (I thought) to send all hyperlinks to a specific Bible panel in the lower left, but instead, when selecting the link, it opens a new Bible panel in my middle section. I have ensured that the bottom right panel is set with the option to 'send hyperlink's here', and nothing changes.   Any thoughts? 

Attached is my layout.  I'm on Logos 7.17 on iOS. 

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 11:38 AM

Hi Matthew

If you think that the problem is layout specific then a screen shot would help.

One of the first things folk tend to do when checking this sort of thing is to try and reproduce it on their systems - a screen shot makes replicating the set up much easier.

Also a screen shot will allow us to see whether you are using a Mac or a Windows OS  - that will help us find out if it an OS specific problem.

Posts 6
Matthew Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 11:52 AM

Mike Binks:

Hi Matthew

If you think that the problem is layout specific then a screen shot would help.

One of the first things folk tend to do when checking this sort of thing is to try and reproduce it on their systems - a screen shot makes replicating the set up much easier.

Also a screen shot will allow us to see whether you are using a Mac or a Windows OS  - that will help us find out if it an OS specific problem.

I edited the original post to include my OS and screenshot. Thanks 

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 1:39 PM

Hi Matthew

I am on Logos 7.18 and MacOS 10.14 and cannot replicate you problem.

One thing that I do notice is that you have the HSCB panel set to both 'Send Hyperlinks Here' and 'Link set B'.

I wonder if the 'Link set B' setting is part of your problem - is the HSB linked to other resources?

Perhaps you might try setting the link set to 'none' and seeing if that changes things.

As always with Apple products (and usually with Logos) it is best to update to the latest versions of the software.

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 1:48 PM

Matthew Snyder:
Any thoughts?

Which specific resource/ hyperlink? Is it shown in the original screenshot? I believe that there are some resources which are version specific. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
Matthew Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 2:35 PM

Thanks for the response.   I have updated and restarted, no luck.   I also removed the link set b and there was no change.  That lower right hand HSCB was linked to the ESV in the same panel. 

Posts 6
Matthew Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 2:38 PM

The resource I noticed it was  the 'Dictionary of Bible Themes', but I did also try in one of my commentaries in the upper right, and the same problem was happening. 

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 3:14 PM

I have a theory. Instead of "clicking," you are "clicking and dragging." I was able to reproduce both behaviors. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS