A book to vote for on UserVoice: "Beyond Foundationalism: Shaping Theology in a Postmodern Context"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:48 AM

Stanley J. Grenz & John R. Franke

The authors move past the Enlightenment foundational approach to offer a revolutionary methodology for doing theology in a postmodern age. Their method uses three sources: the Spirit speaking authoritatively through the biblical text, tradition providing a historical interpretive framework; and culture as context for constructive theological reflection.

https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/35537935-beyond-foundationalism-shaping-theology-in-a-post

This book came out of their collaboration at Regent College during the year (or semester?) that John Franke was on sabbatical there. Grenz has gone on to his eternal reward, and this is one of his books that is missing in the Logos catalogue. I've been wanting to read it for years, since I knew one of the authors, and respected Grenz's approach to postmodernity. John Franke is also an author that Faithlife carries, and Westminster John Knox Press is one they've got plenty of books from.

Posts 11639
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2018 3:49 AM

Voted. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 291
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2018 4:49 AM

Voted

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2018 6:19 PM

I cast my votes as well.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS