Notes cursor jumps to top of page

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 76
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 28 2018 2:07 PM

90% of my notes are very short, but some are longer. I take notes on the Mobile Ed classes and they're fairly long. If I move to another window, maybe highlight, then move back to a long note, and click where I want to start typing, the note jumps to the top or else to higher than where I am. Sometimes it happens a second time right after that, and finally I get the cursor to the point where I want on the third time.

Thought it might be something in program settings but nothing there helped. If it is a feature and not a bug, could it be toggled to shut it off in a new setting in program settings?

Posts 21591
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 28 2018 2:36 PM

Hi Scott

I think it’s a bug - also reported at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/171579.aspx 

Posts 76
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 28 2018 2:38 PM

Thanks a lot - as long as Logos knows about it.

Posts 2
Grant C Richison | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2018 8:05 AM

I do not move while in Logos but keep working within the software yet my note keeps jumping to the top of the page, that is, the note. It is very disconcerting to habitually try to find the place again. This happens whether the note is short or long. 

Posts 41
Dan Starcevich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2018 11:24 AM

The issue is that Logos Notes are in a frame.  So if you make a note on say Rom. 1:1 it opens a content frame where you can type your notes.  Of course the more notes you make the longer the frame.  Later, when you want to put your cursor on the last sentence in the lengthy note the cursor focus is not where you placed it, as you would expect, but at the start of the frame. So the frame is opened and the focus is moved to the start of the frame.

I agree, it is annoying!

Posts 2
Grant C Richison | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2018 6:27 AM

Dan, thanks for your reply. I use one note at a time but I do have many notes saved in the Logos system. Should I delete the notes within Logos other than the one that I am currently using? 

Posts 41
Dan Starcevich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2018 11:12 AM

No!  I wouldn't delete anything.  the current situation is no more than an annoyance IMHO.  I know they are working on an upgraded notes capability.  So I would press on and hope the new notes will resolve this annoyance

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS