Bug: Snapshot View of Hyperlink Requires Multiple Attempts

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 116
John Marino | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 28 2018 6:03 PM

When I hover my mouse over a Scripture reference hyperlink (in any resource), it frequently requires multiple attempts before the snapshot view pops up. I have to move the mouse on and off the link several times. This has happened ever since I started using Mac (the past year) but never happened with the PC before. Is this normal behavior? Or is there a bug somewhere?

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2018 12:39 AM

Hi John

I gave up using a mouse some years ago but with the trackpad on my MacBook the pop ups are there within about a quarter of a second.

MacOS 10.14  Logos 7.18.0.0008.

Have you investigated your mouse settings in System Preferences?

Posts 116
John Marino | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2018 6:17 AM

Mike,

I was afraid that it could be a mouse problem. You may recall a previous interaction we had on a similar topic on this thread. I suspect that there is something strange about how the operating system, the mouse, and Logos interact together. It's a unique problem that I never experienced on my PC. It's also a problem that doesn't happen on other programs on my MacBook. So while it's possible that it may be an operating system issue, I can't help but wonder if something could be done on the Logos software side to remedy it. I have to imagine that other users are experiencing a similar problem. If anyone at Faithlife would be willing to look into it, I'd be grateful.

MacOS 10.14   Logos 7.18.0.0008. Also note that I'm using a Magic Mouse.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS