Bug: Fuzzy Search not working properly

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 241
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 30 2018 3:04 PM

Hi everyone.
I am trying to figure out why I can't get the expected results in Fuzzy Search.

Looking at Morris Proctor tutorial (https://www.logos.com/logos-pro/fuzzy-bible-search), doing the same exercises, I can't get the results. 

His examples to search for "I am able to do everything in Christ" does not give me the text in Philippians. Please see image below:

Well, no one of the exercises works for me.

I have Logos 7 (7.18), Gold Package, my preferred Bible is the ESV.

As I use my Logos in Portuguese, I change idiom and preferred Bible just to be sure this would not be the problem.

I really appreciafe if anyone can help me figure out what is wrong in this search.

Thanks.

www.aprendalogos.com 
Youtube: AprendaLogos

Posts 208
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 3:28 PM

First, this is not Morris Proctor, but Logos Pros, and specifically Adam. I cannot help because I get the same results you do and I never use the fuzzy search.

Posts 241
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 4:08 PM

Oops my bad. I thought it was Morris Proctor.
Too bad that you have the same results as I do. Hope someone can figure out how to make fuzzy bible search work.

Thanks anyway.

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 26538
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 4:31 PM

The announcement when it was a new feature was a comparison against English Bibles. Has there been anything since about other languages?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21937
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 11:05 PM

Nielsen Tomazini:
Too bad that you have the same results as I do. Hope someone can figure out how to make fuzzy bible search work.

I think its a bug and that something has changed.

My guess is that the Bible sources being used to service the fuzzy search have been updated in some way but we would need Faithlife to verify this or explain what is happening.

Posts 21937
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:05 AM

Here's another example I have just come across - I would have expected Phil 2:9 to be returned

Hopefully Faithlife will comment on this.

Posts 241
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:12 AM

That is another question that I have. Using Logos in Portuguese, I got wrong results. Then I switched everything to English (platform, preferred Bible). But still no better result.

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 8:01 AM

I feel like Fuzzy Bible Search has been getting progressively worse since they introduced it. You don't get as many results as they show in the training videos as Nielsen said.

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 7:55 AM

So ironically, after this thread I needed to search for the exact same scripture in bible search (Phil 4:13). The difference is that I input the EXACT wording of the NRSV. I got the hit in the normal search results, but the verse still doesn't show up in fuzzy bible search at all. Then I remembered this thread so I thought I would just post a screenshot of the search here.

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 8:10 AM

I had the same problem with Job 16:2, when Job calls his friends "miserable comforters." Again, I input the exact NRSV wording. The strange thing is that fuzzy bible search didn't return verse 2 but it did return Job 16:1, "Then Job answered:"

I tried a number of variations, "bad comforters," "poor comforters," "painful comforters," "worthless comforters," "troublesome comforters," "pathetic comforters," and Job 16:2 still didn't come up. However, it did come up when I tried "sorry comforters" (NASB translation). Fuzzy Bible search definitely needs word.

Posts 131
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2018 9:16 AM

There was an undetected error the last time the fuzzy search server was updated. It will be fixed soon.

Posts 21937
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2018 1:44 PM

Thanks Peter

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS