reuse personal books in case of computer formatting

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13127
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 2:34 PM

SeeHisFace:
You are not missing anything Calvin, I think I just confused things, you can pretty much ignore what I said in this thread. Unfortunately I cannot redact my earlier misunderstood statements.

Clicking on the More button in your post may allow you to edit your post. (There's a time limit on this; I'm not sure what the limit is.)

Having said that, you're right that if you delete a personal book from your Personal Books tool, it doesn't delete it from your library. Deleting it from the tool would stop the personal book syncing back again if you reinstalled Logos. But to remove it from your library you have to delete it from the PB tool, and hide it (using Program Settings).

Posts 191
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:21 PM

Mark Barnes:

SeeHisFace:
You are not missing anything Calvin, I think I just confused things, you can pretty much ignore what I said in this thread. Unfortunately I cannot redact my earlier misunderstood statements.

Clicking on the More button in your post may allow you to edit your post. (There's a time limit on this; I'm not sure what the limit is.)

Having said that, you're right that if you delete a personal book from your Personal Books tool, it doesn't delete it from your library. Deleting it from the tool would stop the personal book syncing back again if you reinstalled Logos. But to remove it from your library you have to delete it from the PB tool, and hide it (using Program Settings).

Thank you for the clarification Mark. It is too late to update the earlier posts now.

That is what happened, and I assumed it was now stuck on the server as a permanent uneditable resource, having previously uploaded the file. After finding the filename in the support info of the book, and then deleting the file, it the resource was remove from my library.

Many thanks for help everyone. Yes

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS