Is it just me or did our free Faithlife Connect offerings go down the tube this month?

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4885
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:02 PM

JT (alabama24):

DAL:
Why in the world would anyone complain?

The list was originally more static. Now, instead of the same 20 books, they change the list. 

DAL potentially people raised concerns because they already owned all twenty books on the static list. This is still a problem with the narrower list of 10 rotating books. If this was the reason for complaints then I don’t think a narrower list was the best solution but that is FL’s call.

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:09 PM

For me over the last few months I haven't really been interested in any of the choices. But I have picked one just so that I don't lose my free book. I would much rather have two free originals books. I just don't care for the "classics".

Posts 1381
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2018 9:01 AM

doc:

JT (alabama24):

DAL:
Why in the world would anyone complain?

The list was originally more static. Now, instead of the same 20 books, they change the list. 

DAL potentially people raised concerns because they already owned all twenty books on the static list. This is still a problem with the narrower list of 10 rotating books. If this was the reason for complaints then I don’t think a narrower list was the best solution but that is FL’s call.

Since we're each only allowed one per month, why even bother with a selection rotation?  Why not just make them ALL available every month?  Huh?  

Posts 661
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2018 9:26 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Since we're each only allowed one per month, why even bother with a selection rotation?  Why not just make them ALL available every month?  Huh?  

That is simply too logical. Are you trying to put someone out of a job and making life too simple?

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2018 9:42 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
Since we're each only allowed one per month, why even bother with a selection rotation?  Why not just make them ALL available every month?

Because then we'd never buy any of those books, and Faithlife would lose money. By restricted our choices, we're still getting something worthwhile, while Faithlife protects another revenue stream. Restricting choice is win-win (if somewhat weighted in Faithlife's favour).

Posts 1381
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2018 10:05 AM

Mark Barnes:

Rick Ausdahl:
Since we're each only allowed one per month, why even bother with a selection rotation?  Why not just make them ALL available every month?

Because then we'd never buy any of those books, and Faithlife would lose money. By restricted our choices, we're still getting something worthwhile, while Faithlife protects another revenue stream. Restricting choice is win-win (if somewhat weighted in Faithlife's favour).

I can appreciate that point of view to a certain extent, but ...if they continue to change the selection choices, won't they run through them all eventually anyway?  Now maybe where my thinking would lose traction is if Faithlife has several hundred books published.  If that's the case, I can understand not making them ALL available every month and I admit I didn't check that out before making my comment.  Even so, while I do feel the total value of a FC membership is worth what I'm paying, dropping the selection option to just 10 resources feels a bit restrictive.

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2018 10:32 AM

Most months I couldn't find a book that I was really interested in even when there were 20 choices. I ended up picking "the lesser of 20 evils" to borrow a common phrase.

I'm simply not find their offerings fitting my needs.

Posts 1933
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2018 11:06 AM

Marshall Harrison:
I'm simply not find their offerings fitting my needs.

I agree with this.  I do not understand the rationale or who they listened to...but all books should be available each month, not a limited number

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS