How do I a clause-like search on non-biblical morph-tagged resources?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 377
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 5 2018 9:45 AM

Is there a way to search for a Greek word and its referent (ex. God being the subject of the words προγινώσκω/proginōskō or προγιγνώσκω/progignōskō) in non-biblical resources that are morphologically tagged? Is there a way to do a search like this in the Apostolic Fathers, Philo, Josephus, OT Greek Pseudepigrapha, Perseus, etc.?

I'm assuming I can't because of the lack of a referent database for these resources but just wanted to check and see if there was another way.

If not, does Logos have any plans of creating this functionality in the future, at least for major resources like the Apostolic Fathers, Philo, Josephus, and the OT Greek Pseudepigrapha?

Posts 23605
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 2:45 PM

Kiyah:
Is there a way to search for a Greek word and its referent (ex. God being the subject of the words προγινώσκω/proginōskō or προγιγνώσκω/progignōskō) in non-biblical resources

The latter is used in LXX, but not with God as subject e.g. see results of a Clause Search for verb-lemma:προγιγνώσκω

In Apostolic Fathers use the Nominative case e.g. Morph Search for lemma:κύριος@NN NEAR lemma:προγινώσκω@V?????N

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 17363
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 6 2018 5:07 AM

Dave Hooton:
In Apostolic Fathers use the Nominative case e.g. Morph Search for lemma:κύριος@NN NEAR lemma:προγινώσκω@V?????N

Morph search can be expanded:

(lemma:θεός@NN OR lemma:κύριος@NN) WITHIN 10 WORDS (lemma:προγινώσκω OR lemma:προγιγνώσκω)

Changed NEAR to WITHIN 10 WORDS to find a result in Josephus

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 17363
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 6 2018 5:15 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
(lemma:θεός@NN OR lemma:κύριος@NN) WITHIN 10 WORDS (lemma:προγινώσκω OR lemma:προγιγνώσκω)

Expanding Morph Search to 13 WORDS finds another result in Josephus while adding another lemma finds a few more results in Philo and Perseus

(lemma:θεός@NN OR lemma:κύριος@NN) WITHIN 13 WORDS (lemma:προγινώσκω OR lemma:προγιγνώσκω OR lemma:προγίγνομαι)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS