William Placher's History of Christian Theology

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 454
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 5 2018 11:36 AM

While we do have William Placher's Readings in the History of Christian Theology in Pre-Pub, these readings are companion pieces to Placher's primary text, History of Christian Theology. I highly recommend that Faithlife pursues this.

• A History of Christian Theology, Second Edition: An Introduction | William C. Placher and Derek R. Nelson

Review: 

"William C. Placher . . . is to be congratulated for having done what many would have considered impossible. In slightly more than 300 pages he has chronicled the whole history of Christian theology, from its background in the history of Israel to the various modes of liberation theology in the late 20th century. Moreover, he has touched almost all of the important bases and has dealt with significant figures, issues, movements in an incisive and illuminating manner. This intellectual history, a story of people and their ideas, is a delight to read. I predict it will be widely used not only in college and seminaries, but also in lay institutes and study groups."—The Christian Century

Posts 70
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2018 10:22 AM

bump

Posts 321
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2018 10:50 PM

Nick Steffen:

While we do have William Placher's Readings in the History of Christian Theology in Pre-Pub, these readings are companion pieces to Placher's primary text, History of Christian Theology. I highly recommend that Faithlife pursues this.

• A History of Christian Theology, Second Edition: An Introduction | William C. Placher and Derek R. Nelson

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS