Any list of 3.0 features not available yet in 4.0?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Ultralight | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 19 2010 2:07 PM

2nd post.

Just upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0.  (Platinum)

Is there a list of 3.0 features that are not available on the 4.0?

I have a new laptop and want to figure out if I want to run 3.0 alongside the 4.0.   Rather not do that if I don't need to.

Thanks,

UL

Posts 2747
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2010 6:36 AM

need to add usable notes feature

Posts 28242
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2010 2:24 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Just curious. Given the improvements to the notes, what features do you think are still required to make them "usable"?

My major complaints have been narrowed to:

• ability to expand and contract at the note level
  • ability to insert tables (which I also use as templates)

I support a number of other modifications but don't consider them potential "deal breakers" for useability.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2010 2:48 PM

MJ. Smith:
make them "usable"?

The real estate axiom: Performance, Performance, Performance.

Posts 2747
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 6:00 PM

MJ. Smith:

Kevin A. Purcell:

Just curious. Given the improvements to the notes, what features do you think are still required to make them "usable"?

My major complaints have been narrowed to:

• ability to expand and contract at the note level
  • ability to insert tables (which I also use as templates)

I support a number of other modifications but don't consider them potential "deal breakers" for useability.

Create a note longer than two or three lines and it becomes so latent that it is unusuable. I personally need little more than a text editor. I don't put anything in my notes but links to verses or content. I don't put bold, highlights, change fonts (with exception of greek or hebrew but don't even care if that's not there). Until I can make a note on a verse longer than a few lines that doesn't take about 2 seconds for each letter or word to show up after I type it, then I won't use them and I will keep one competitor piece of software on my system.

The fact that I cannot Print from Logos half a year later is still astonishing.

Posts 28242
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 7:17 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Until I can make a note on a verse longer than a few lines that doesn't take about 2 seconds for each letter or word to show up after I type it, then I won't use them and I will keep one competitor piece of software on my system.

Very understandable. I have been lucky - although I use very long notes I've only had performance problems occasionally. However, I get horrid performance on prayer lists which I will admit to using slightly differently than intended by the design.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS