Manuscript of Galatians

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 70
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 8 2018 1:43 PM

I don't know if I have the resources for it, but, if I do, how would I go about looking up an image (if there is one) of a manuscript of Galatians, to give someone an idea of how it was originally written, etc.? I have Logos 7 Gold.

Posts 32
Zachary Craft | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2018 2:17 PM

This could be accomplished using the New Testament Manuscripts Explorer interactive feature inside of Logos available from the Tools menu (see attached image).

Once you've expanded the contents of the manuscript entry, you can see what it contains (e.g., Galatians). 

I hope that helps!

Posts 1266
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2018 2:20 PM

Hi Jon.

The easiest (if you have an internet connection) is to use the Exegetical Guide. Open Exegetical Guide, and type in Galatians 1:1. In the "Textual Variants" section, the last option is "Online Manuscripts". You may need to wait a few seconds, but it should populate with manuscript information.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 70
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2018 2:30 PM

Thank you!

Posts 651
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2018 7:57 PM

It sure gives one an appreciation of what it must have taken to hand copy these manuscripts one letter at a time trying to make no mistakes.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS