Is Community Pricing dead?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2820
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 11 2018 5:09 AM

I am wondering if I have missed a shift in policy or something...I check Community Pricing weekly, and it seems it has been months since anything new has been added - based on viewing the list ordered by "Newest". I also have been watching for anything closing, "Progress" and I have not seen one of those for months either.

Is Community Pricing dead and not being used anymore, or is the tool not showing me the correct entries of new or progress so I am missing things?

Posts 8430
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2018 5:28 AM

I don't think it is formally dead but it sure seems to be dead practically speaking. I would love to see it revived.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 644
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2018 5:34 AM

The lack of new products to bid for causes people to less often be on the site.  Mobile Ed suffers in two ways:  bids stay higher, and actual production lags, as bids are lethargic.

FL, please create some EXCITEMENT here!!!

Posts 26328
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2018 7:35 AM

Don Awalt:
I am wondering if I have missed a shift in policy or something

Yes, but it has been a while. FL culled the list to focus energy on fewer items. Too few people were bidding too low amounts on too many items. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 9469
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2018 8:58 AM

This is an interesting CP. I don't want/need it, but some do.

https://www.logos.com/product/65159/lexham-english-bible-leb-with-audio-old-testament 

CP funds half the cost (FL funds the other half). And there's some sort of credit too, when it ships. Even so, it's not yet half of half funded. 

But my guess is that the BW closure is pushing a lot of CPs forward, regardless of bidding ... ergo, the missing Logos new stuff.

Posts 5129
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2018 9:41 AM

If FL can’t get the items they have through CP maybe they just don’t want to bother the most popular items may well already be out, one suspects before they try to offer a CP they collect several copies of said resources so that they may start when critical numbers are reached, and they did cull a bunch of CP offerings a while back. There are 3-4 items I would really love to make it out of CP, but I can understand not wanting to waste time and effort offering up a new CP collection that they will never be able to ship. If FL wishes to go after classics there may be better low hanging fruits like possibly offering the Interpreter’s Bible or its Dictionary which already has an etext for and a publisher who they carry a large amount of stuff from. Those two examples would be PP though being copyrighted items. 

-dan

Posts 562
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2018 9:20 AM

Denise:

This is an interesting CP. I don't want/need it, but some do.

https://www.logos.com/product/65159/lexham-english-bible-leb-with-audio-old-testament 

CP funds half the cost (FL funds the other half). And there's some sort of credit too, when it ships. Even so, it's not yet half of half funded. 

But my guess is that the BW closure is pushing a lot of CPs forward, regardless of bidding ... ergo, the missing Logos new stuff.

I don't get why this doesn't go into production with everyone buying in. you get your money back in the form of a voucher so it costs nothing at all if you plan to buy any other resource ever :-) 

Trying to be as noble as a Berean , Acts 17:11

Posts 1307
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2018 11:49 AM

Practical Arabic Grammar is close (and is not expensive):

https://www.logos.com/product/38380/a-practical-arabic-grammar 

P.S. I use this search to check the list periodically:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Community+Pricing&Language=English&start=&sort=progress&pageSize=60 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS