LOGOS Synchronization

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 131
Donald McNeeley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 12 2018 5:40 PM

I seem to be having an issue synchronizing LOGOS.  Every time it tries to sync I get an error. "An error occurred during synchronization, click to try again." I know I have good Internet connectivity as I just downloaded various resources into LOGOS, plus over I receive about 100 emails every day. Internet site respond rapidly as well.  AM I doing something or have I set up something that is preventing the synchronization? Help.

Posts 4711
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2018 5:46 PM

Please provide logs so that we can try to identify what is causing the error. It is likely that you are not doing anything wrong, but it is possible that a specific document or resources is creating the problem.

You can get information about Diagnostic Logging using the link in my signature line.

Posts 351
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 10:51 AM

Donald McNeeley:
"An error occurred during synchronization, click to try again."

I do experience the same error message for almost a year now. In my case it is related to a document that is on the server but not on my dekstop. Somehow it did not delete when I deleted it from Logos on my dekstop. I can't delete that document from "My Documents" on the sever as it gives an error when I try. Although I get the error it seems as if all my other documents does synchronize. Maybe this could be an issue?

Posts 131
Donald McNeeley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 12:03 PM

Interesting … how did you determine that a document not in your LOGOS was on the server?

Posts 4711
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 1:04 PM

Most of the time your logs will point to a specific document that is causing the error; if indeed a document is causing the error you are experiencing.

Posts 4711
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 1:06 PM

Pieter J Kotze:

Donald McNeeley:
"An error occurred during synchronization, click to try again."

I do experience the same error message for almost a year now. In my case it is related to a document that is on the server but not on my desktop. Somehow it did not delete when I deleted it from Logos on my dekstop. I can't delete that document from "My Documents" on the sever as it gives an error when I try. Although I get the error it seems as if all my other documents does synchronize. Maybe this could be an issue?

If you have a document in https://documents.logos.com that cannot be deleted, contact FL support and they can probably help you.

Posts 351
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 4:08 AM

Donald McNeeley:

… how did you determine that a document not in your LOGOS was on the server?

I deleted all my documents from the sever and then discovered this one document that was not in my desktop app. I did ask FL to help me, but they didn't seem to understand that I want them to delete the document because I can't to it.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS