Personal Books in Logos 7

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 76
Paul Grieve | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 14 2018 7:55 AM

A while back I bought a new laptop with an SSD drive and running Windows 10. I installed Logos and have enjoyed the speed of the new drive.

However, just yesterday I tried to access a personal book in the new laptop but was informed that I did not have a license to view the book. I have opened Logos on the old laptop (painfully slow!) and have no difficulty accessing the personal book.

Can anyone please advise me regarding what to do?

Thank you.

Posts 21573
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 8:02 AM

Paul Grieve:

However, just yesterday I tried to access a personal book in the new laptop but was informed that I did not have a license to view the book. I have opened Logos on the old laptop (painfully slow!) and have no difficulty accessing the personal book.

I would click the Upload button on the book entry in the Personal Book Tool on the old laptop and it will sync with the Faithlife Cloud servers and then be available on your new laptop.

Posts 76
Paul Grieve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 11:00 AM

Graham, you're a star! What would we do without you guys to help? Much appreciated and a million thanks  Big Smile

God bless.

Paul

Posts 27110
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 11:09 AM

Paul Grieve:

Graham told you what to do, but let me explain the why...

The metadata (title, author, etc.) automatically syncs between computers... the complied book does not. When you try to open a personal book on any other computer other than the one you created it, you will receive the "no license to view" warning. If you want to view a personal book on another computer, you need to do one of two things: 

1. Manually upload the compiled file (as Graham suggested) OR
  2. Manually copy the compiled file and use the "scan" command to import it into the installation on the other computer. 

The simplest method is what Graham suggested. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2325
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 2:15 PM

Graham Criddle:

I would click the Upload button on the book entry in the Personal Book Tool on the old laptop and it will sync with the Faithlife Cloud servers and then be available on your new laptop.

There is a size limit to what can be uploaded.  [As I only have one computer I have not used upload and do not know what the limit is.]

Posts 27110
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 6:26 PM

David Ames:
I have not used upload and do not know what the limit is

Off the topic of my mind I <think> it is 50mb... but I could be completely wrong. Stick out tongue

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:30 AM

JT (alabama24):

David Ames:
I have not used upload and do not know what the limit is

Off the topic of my mind I <think> it is 50mb... but I could be completely wrong. Stick out tongue

I think I remember it was 20MB - this thread from 2016 seems to confirm that.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 76
Paul Grieve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:54 AM

Thank you, JT and David. I appreciate knowing why I had the problem. The upload limit was way above what I needed and everything worked just fine.

Posts 27110
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 6:17 AM

NB.Mick:
I think I remember it was 20MB

Yes Thanks Mick Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS