Help with sermon Document

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Nathan Riley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 15 2018 7:45 AM

Hey Friends,

Yesterday, I preached for the first time with the Sermon Documents on Logos.  I loved it when I was making it.  Being able to drag text in, and even having it blocked out is a great feature that I loved in my prep.  This is where my frustration is, When I went to preach from my iPad, all the boxes were gone and it was simple text.  Is there a way to fix this?  

Also, in last minute prep, I was unable to make any edits on the sermon, do highlights or anything. Is there something I am missing?

Posts 21339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 7:53 AM

Nathan Riley:
When I went to preach from my iPad, all the boxes were gone and it was simple text.  Is there a way to fix this?  

When you say you preached from the iPad were you using the Logos app or the Proclaim app (or something else)?

In the Logos app the formatting should be preserved, in the Proclaim app it isn't

Nathan Riley:
Also, in last minute prep, I was unable to make any edits on the sermon, do highlights or anything. Is there something I am missing?

The iPad app doesn't support modifying sermon documents, just reading them.

Would that explain what you are seeing?

If so, you can make modifications in the web app (assuming you have Internet access) and those changes will be synchronised down to the iPad.

Posts 10
Nathan Riley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 10:59 AM

I am preaching from the Logos app.  It didnt preserve it.  It looked alot different.  Ill attach some screenshots to show you what I mean. 

Posts 21339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 11:06 AM

Nathan Riley:
Ill attach some screenshots to show you what I mean. 

Thanks for those.

It appears that you inserted Matt 5:1-12 into the Sermon Document using Copy / Paste. Is that correct?

If so, instead try just typing 

Matt 5:1-12

on a blank line and pressing enter.

This will populate the text and the formatting should be preserved in the iPad app

It also gives the advantage of automatically creating a slide - if that is relevant to you - and the ability to change versions if required.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS