Logos 7 Gold - What are the best resources in this version?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
maxgomes | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 19 2018 3:27 AM

I've been using Logos 7 only for a few months now. I feel comfortable with the prayer list, a few devotionals, and the Connect the Testaments: A One-Year Daily Devotional with Bible Reading Plan. As well as a few other resources I've come across.

I'm wanting to delve a little (well a lot) deeper and wanted some input on what resources I should use, and how to go about it. I've been going through the tutorials, and love the Atlas and Historical records (pictures/archaeology). In the near future I want to feel comfortable enough to be able to do in-depth research and put together study group worksheets and lessons.

I'm open to all suggestions or comments!

Posts 17684
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 5:43 AM

Welcome Big Smile

Thankful for threads => Logos 7 Buyers' Guide, Part 1: Introduction and => Logos 7 Buyers' Guide, Part 2: Starter

Also Thankful for web page with Logos 6 Buyers' Guide

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4519
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 6:32 AM

maxgomes:
In the near future I want to feel comfortable enough to be able to do in-depth research and put together study group worksheets and lessons.

Hi Maxgomes and welcome to the forums.

It is great to read that you are wanting to delve further into Logos. It is only by using it rather than reading about using it that you will really get to understand its potential.

My tuppence  worth would be to suggest that you download 'Basic' (free) and 'Starter' (inexpensive) and then open the 'Passage Study' quick start layout and have a go at writing a sermon or talk on a bible passage.

This may well lead you into wanting additional commentaries or dictionaries etc. Whenever you go looking for them double check that they are not included in a larger collection for a little more cash.

You will also then need to dabble in the black art or resource prioritisation and library management (but only when you really need to)

Have fun in the process

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS