Attaching a Note

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 21 2018 11:53 AM

I want a note to appear wherever this Place is mentioned. Is this possible? E.g. Gn 37.12 has Shechem I'd like to attach a note reading, Samaria and have it appear wherever Shechem is mentioned. Thanks.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 2:24 PM

Beloved:

I want a note to appear wherever this Place is mentioned. Is this possible? E.g. Gn 37.12 has Shechem I'd like to attach a note reading, Samaria and have it appear wherever Shechem is mentioned. Thanks.

Create a note on Gen 37:!2, and link it (via Anchors/Attachment points) to other verses mentioning that place.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 2:55 PM

Dave Hooton:
Create a note on Gen 37:!2, and link it (via Anchors/Attachment points) to other verses mentioning that place.

Thanks, Dave I am aware of this method, but this is not what I am interested in. I take it is not presently possible. We should be able to attach a note to a single word or phrase wherever it occurs across all resources.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1572
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 3:15 PM

Possible workaround:

You can use a Visual Filter to highlight a word or phrase wherever it occurs. I don't think you can have it point to a note, but you could create or assign a particular highlight to mean "Check my notebook for a note on this word." Then you could manually open that notebook and find the note on that particular word or phrase.

Not as neat as you want, but workable. In fact, unless someone comes up with a better idea, I might use it!

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 3:20 PM

Levi Durfey:

Possible workaround:

You can use a Visual Filter to highlight a word or phrase wherever it occurs. I don't think you can have it point to a note, but you could create or assign a particular highlight to mean "Check my notebook for a note on this word." Then you could manually open that notebook and find the note on that particular word or phrase.

Not as neat as you want, but workable. In fact, unless someone comes up with a better idea, I might use it!

Smart! Levi, but you're right I'm looking for a more direct path. This should be possible in Logos without a workaround such as yours. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS