Error during sync

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7
JR Allen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 22 2018 6:04 AM

For the past couple of days I have received a red ! on top of the syncing icon and the message says that the sync process produced an error. I have completed all the steps given in the "Error During Syncronization" Support help but have not been able to clear the error.

Attached is my Logos Log Files as defined as the last step for help.

7612.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 21638
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 6:18 AM

Hi JR

It looks as though the problem is in downloading a note from Logos servers to your computer:

2018-10-22 05:31:30.6647 19 Error DatabaseSyncClientRepository Download error for existing item: Document:Notes:99ab78bc0e0749f897e2be177d589a01

But I'm afraid I can't identify the note from that identifier.

Some questions:

1. What different systems do you use to access Logos?
  2. Do you know if you have created a new note in the last few days - around the time the problem started?
  3. If you go to documents.logos.com and filter the display just to show notes what is the date of the most recent one?

Graham

Posts 7
JR Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 6:28 AM

I primarily use the Desktop version on Windows 10 laptop. Yes, I often create notes. Here are the ones for October.

Posts 21638
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 6:32 AM

My speculation is that the sync problem is due to something wrong with one of those recently created / modified Notes Documents. Deleting it might resolve the problem but I don’t know any many notes you have in them

Hopefully someone from Faithlife will be able to advise which one - I would advise waiting until one of their team is able to comment

Posts 7
JR Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 6:35 AM

I looked at the "Notes" listed in my Logos and none since Oct 3 are showing. I may just delete the first one on Oct 18 to see if that corrects the issue

Posts 7
JR Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 6:40 AM

Well I lost some information but it cleared the problem to delete all notes after Oct 3. Thanks for the hint. It there a limit on the number of Notes you can have in Logos?

Posts 21638
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 7:00 AM

Glad it is sorted, sorry you lost some data.

No, there isn’t a limit but something must have become corrupted.

Posts 7
JR Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 7:03 AM

Thank you very much for your help. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS