Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 44 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 5:28 PM

JT (alabama24):
MJ being a bit snarky? Smile

Me? Put down an apple fan? Angel

I've not used other Android devices to compare against. I haven't paid attention to the OS update schedule as the OS has never become an issue for what I run on it. The worst aspect is that I have the Liturgy of the Hours on the Fire ... which reminds me of the shortcomings of Verbum Devil

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13064
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 11:29 PM

JT (alabama24):

Paul Caneparo:
Do Amazon Fire operating systems get updated and result in the tablets become redundant with apps no longer able to update?

I think you mean "do they fail to get updated." 

Fire tablets run a modified version of Android. I own one, which I purchased new for $35, and my son proceeded to break the screen within days of getting it. Tongue Tied Broken screen aside, the device is sluggish and difficult to use compared to my iPads. It obviously wasn't the "top of the line" Fire, but I am not likely to spend that kind of money to find out if it worked better. 

My hunch: If you had to choose between two inexpensive android devices, all other things being equal, it would be better to go with something other than a Fire. I say this because you are more likely to receive major updates to the non fire device. Of course, android devices are known for not being very "future friendly." 

I don’t agree with this advice. You’re much more likely to get updates for the Fire than just about any other Android tablet. That said, I do agree that you get what you pay for. A $35 Fire (or even an $80 Fire) is not going to compare to a $300 iPad. I too got rid of my Fire because it was too slow to use Logos comfortably. Also remember that the Fire doesn’t include access to the Google Play Store, so App choice is limited (although there are ways around this).

Posts 803
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 11:50 PM

Thanks all. Maybe I'll just travel with my 10" Lenovo tablet which works just fine and upgrade when the operating system is no longer compatible with apps at the time.

Happy New Year to all.

Posts 9
Drew Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 6:24 AM

My 2009 MacBook Pro made it all the way to Yosemite IOS 10.10.5 before maxing out.  I didn't check to make sure of Logos 7 requirements and I replaced my Logos 5 with 7.  It successfully replaced Logos 5 on my computer but I can't run Logos 7 on IOS 10.10.5 so I don't have the offline option anymore.  It won't open at all.

It might be good if Faithlife could add a compatibility check in the installer.

Posts 17740
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 8:36 AM

Drew Brown:
My 2009 MacBook Pro made it all the way to Yosemite IOS 10.10.5 before maxing out.  I didn't check to make sure of Logos 7 requirements and I replaced my Logos 5 with 7.  It successfully replaced Logos 5 on my computer but I can't run Logos 7 on IOS 10.10.5 so I don't have the offline option anymore.  It won't open at all.

Faithlife thread => Announcement: Dropping support for Mac OSX 10.10 for Logos 7.14 so Logos 7.13 was the last Logos 7 release that worked on OS X 10.10.5

One idea is an email to Faithlife technical support => https://www.logos.com/contact with request for Logos 7.13 (7.13.0.0017) Mac disk image (dmg) download link. Another thought is Christian Debate => https://www.christiandiscourse.net/ that has private messaging. FYI: Christian Debate was created by a Faithlife customer, Jan, after Faithlife's Christian Discourse quit working, which has a variety of discussions.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS