RIP Eugene Peterson

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18646
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 8:14 PM

He was an enormous influence on my life. He taught me to get in on what God is already doing, to shun the limelight, to find holiness in the ordinary including ordinary people in the congregation, to never be too busy for people, to be a good listener, to pay attention to birds. I am so thankful for his life, and that I had the chance to study under him for two years at Regent.

I will miss him.

Well done, good and faithful servant!

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 8:41 PM

Rosie Perera:

He was an enormous influence on my life. He taught me to get in on what God is already doing, to shun the limelight, to find holiness in the ordinary including ordinary people in the congregation, to never be too busy for people, to be a good listener, to pay attention to birds. I am so thankful for his life, and that I had the chance to study under him for two years at Regent.

I will miss him.

Amen!

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 528
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 10:25 PM

I appreciate his writings, he will be missed... Praise the Lord he is with our Saviour!

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 8858
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:03 AM

He will be missed. I really wish Logos sold more of his books, especially "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction" which characterized his life.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 528
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:39 AM

Bruce Dunning:

He will be missed. I really wish Logos sold more of his books, especially "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction" which characterized his life.

YesYesYes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 11:24 AM

Bruce Dunning:
I really wish Logos sold more of his books

Reversed Thunder: The Revelation of John and the Praying Imagination

is the one I would love to see in Logos.

-dan

Posts 2034
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:34 PM

Rosie Perera:

I will miss him.

Beautiful and worthy tribute.

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 8:29 AM

Rosie Perera:

I will miss him.

Well said and true.  He will be missed.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS