Free Revised Edition

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6315
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 23 2018 2:49 PM

At last, a free Revised Edition: https://www.logos.com/product/166355/lexham-methods-series-textual-criticism-of-the-bible-revised-edition 

Thanks, FL! 

👍😁👌

Posts 2915
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 4:13 PM

To be clear this is the Lexham Methods Series: Textual Criticism of the Bible: Revised Edition (Logos Edition)Owners of Textual Criticism of the Bible get the Revised Edition free.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 8896
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 4:43 PM

DAL:

I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up in my library. Thank you Faithlife!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6315
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 4:50 PM

Jacob Hantla:

To be clear this is the Lexham Methods Series: Textual Criticism of the Bible: Revised Edition (Logos Edition)Owners of Textual Criticism of the Bible get the Revised Edition free.

Thanks for the clarification, Jacob! At least FL broke the old pattern this time around by not having us pay for the revised edition 👍😁👌

Posts 1010
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:12 PM

Way cool!

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:18 PM

Wow!  Nice.  Thanks!  

Posts 413
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:27 PM

Thank you Faithlife  Yes

Posts 420
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 11:22 PM

This was excellent thing to do, Faithlife. My thanks also.  

Posts 3155
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 5:46 AM

What's the deal w/ the revised edition?  Why the revision?

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 5:58 AM

Mattillo:
Why the revision?

I'm wondering about this too. It seems the older version certainly has nicer (color) images for one thing. It seems odd that this new edition now doesn't match the other 3 resources in the series (which makes me think the others may be getting an image quality reduction also)

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 413
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 6:54 AM

James Taylor:

I'm wondering about this too. It seems the older version certainly has nicer (color) images for one thing.

... and this feature is no more Roll Eyes :

Posts 979
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 7:08 AM

Mattillo:

What's the deal w/ the revised edition?  Why the revision?

I guess we'll have to closely compare them. I see they've added a second author so presumably there have been substantial changes. I'm waiting for mine to download.

Posts 3033
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 7:54 AM

Good point. I wonder why it's been deleted??...

mm.

Leo Wee Fah:

James Taylor:

I'm wondering about this too. It seems the older version certainly has nicer (color) images for one thing.

... and this feature is no more Roll Eyes :

mm.

Posts 9962
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 8:10 AM

Milkman:
Good point. I wonder why it's been deleted??...

Maybe they are preparing a print edition and don't want the digital version to be so much better (like it happened to FSB).

I personally like this kind of lists very much - other users don't like to see how many good resources they don't own and disparage as "marketing" 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3155
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 8:27 AM

That is a shame... I also enjoy those lists and links to other resources

Posts 3033
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 8:44 AM

Same. 

Just wondering what the rationale was for the revision? I know a lot can be done in five years, but I still would like to know why. Great that it was free and all that, thanks FL for freebies. But, would I have purchased the revision NOT KNOWING what the differences are between the two? No way.

Would I tell my customers here's a new and improved product without telling them why it's improved? I know without a doubt that my sales would not budge until I gave them a reason to buy.

Maybe I'm missing the reason(s) for the R.E. and if I am, pls someone show me where. But until then, I'm still perplexed...

mm.

mm.

Posts 3033
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 9:12 AM

One more thing.

On the "Sample Page from Textual Criticism of the Bible the pictures are in colour. I've gone through this before with FL and was assured that the book I was ready to buy did in fact have the colour pages etc.

Not true. I even called customer support/service and "suggested" that Product Details on resources that I "was going" to buy were wrong about which edition was now released. 

So regarding the Sample Pages, these need to be updated or shall I say "revised" with the Revised Ed.? I wouldn't go so far as to say it's misleading, but once again as a business owner I don't want to be in a position of being inconsistent with my customers. This only breeds mistrust at the worst and confusion at best.

No more to be said from the milkman, I've got other things to do than be nit picky.

By the way, can the 2013 edition of Textual Criticism still be purchased? Or has it been laid to rest?

mm.

Posts 3155
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 5:47 AM

It looks like they scrubbed the old version...

Posts 81
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 3:46 PM

James Taylor:

I'm wondering about this too. It seems the older version certainly has nicer (color) images for one thing. It seems odd that this new edition now doesn't match the other 3 resources in the series (which makes me think the others may be getting an image quality reduction also)

Thanks for drawing my attention to the images issue. The Logos edition was supposed to have color images just like the other books in this series. Somehow the grayscale images for the print edition ended up there instead. We're working to correct this with the higher quality color images.

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 4:07 PM

Doug Mangum:
The Logos edition was supposed to have color images just like the other books in this series. Somehow the grayscale images for the print edition ended up there instead. We're working to correct this with the higher quality color images.

Thanks, Doug!

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS