Copy Bible Verses Tool suggestion

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Arthur Werry | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 24 2018 5:38 AM

I use the Copy Bible Verses Tool a lot - mostly for a single verse.   I understand putting the verse number before each verse when a series of verses are copied together, but when copying only a single verse, the verse reference is repeated twice... as in...

Proverbs 12:1616 The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult.

There is no need for the second "16" in this example.   Could you change the programming so that in cases of single verses, this is avoided?

Thank you.

Posts 2959
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 5:44 AM

Arthur Werry:

I use the Copy Bible Verses Tool a lot - mostly for a single verse.   I understand putting the verse number before each verse when a series of verses are copied together, but when copying only a single verse, the verse reference is repeated twice... as in...

Proverbs 12:1616 The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult.

There is no need for the second "16" in this example.   Could you change the programming so that in cases of single verses, this is avoided?

Thank you.

This is already available. You just need to select the Bible Text Only style for copy, or, if you want the reference, Bible Text with Reference.

If you need help with this let me know.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2959
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 5:45 AM

Arthur Werry:

Thank you.

This is already available. You just need to select the Bible Text Only style for copy, or, if you want the reference, Bible Text with Reference.

If you need help with this let me know.

How to upload logs

Posts 1483
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 6:06 AM

Arthur Werry:

As David said, you can change the style to Bible Text Only.

You can also edit the styles to achieve just the effect you want. See here for more information: https://wiki.logos.com/Copy_Bible_Verses

Posts 6
Arthur Werry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 12:31 PM

Thank you both for your help.  Your suggestions work, for the most part.  I just have to have one style for when I have one verse and a second style for copying multiple verses.  I don't see how I can make it work with just one style.

But this helps... thanks so much!

Posts 2959
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 3:38 PM

Arthur Werry:

Thank you both for your help.  Your suggestions work, for the most part.  I just have to have one style for when I have one verse and a second style for copying multiple verses.  I don't see how I can make it work with just one style.

But this helps... thanks so much!

You can't as the styling is different and therefore would need two separate styles.

How to upload logs

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS