Personal Books Error - Help

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Ed Kirkland | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 25 2018 8:22 AM

When Building personal books, I will occasionally have an entire document fail to load, and the error message is, "error compiling resource." 

I have already changed fonts, set headings, and sorted it as a "Commentary." What am I missing?

Posts 10349
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 10:10 AM

Which OS? version of Logos? Also, please post logs—see the appropriate link in my signature.

Posts 2
Ed Kirkland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 11:03 AM

Windows 10 Pro, and Logos 7.18.

4505.Logos Log Files.zip.zip

Posts 1753
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 11:28 AM

Jack, got the same problem, same windows and version of logos, did Logos do something with the latest update that messed us up? 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 10349
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 1:10 PM

Ed Kirkland:

Windows 10 Pro, and Logos 7.18.

4505.Logos Log Files.zip.zip

Your PBB logs—and there are a bunch of them—do not show any error.

[Info] Starting build for PBB:6d519419586e4c31a1bbd259c84277c0
[Info] Converting
[Info] Converting O:\Senior Pastor's File\Logos Bible Software Sermon File\2014 Sermons\Better Relationships 2014\Relationships2014-5, What Others Think.docx
[Info] Compiling
[Warning] empty style for name D1_Normal
[Warning] empty style for name D1_DefaultParagraphFont
[Warning] empty style for name D1_TableNormal
[Warning] empty style for name D1_NoList
[Warning] empty style for name D1_CommentText
[Warning] empty style for name D1_CommentTextChar
[Info] Discovering
[Info] Complete

I was able to successfully build a personal book—on Mac OS 10.13.6; Sorry, but I don't do Windows Stick out tongue You may need to contact Customer Service, unless one of the Windows Super-techs—Dave Hooton, KS4J, etc happen to notice this thread.

Posts 26716
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 1:20 PM

Ed Kirkland:

When Building personal books, I will occasionally have an entire document fail to load, and the error message is, "error compiling resource." 

I have already changed fonts, set headings, and sorted it as a "Commentary." What am I missing?

For clarification: you mean to say that the compiling fails, not that the document didn’t load. What happens when you restart the app and retry? Are you editing the document and rebuilding it consecutively? This warning happens frequently enough under those conditions 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 9632
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 4:59 PM

Tom:

Jack, got the same problem, same windows and version of logos, did Logos do something with the latest update that messed us up? 

nope. I just compiled a PB resource under the latest beta and subsequently under 7.19 RC 1 - care to share Logs? Or better, the PB source? 

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS