Work Offline

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 26 2018 6:06 PM

Is "Work Offline" no longer an option? I was in a location with no internet connection earlier and I went to fire up Logos and it kept asking me to sign in and gave no work offline option.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 6:35 PM

I have the option PC

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 6:36 PM

MJ. Smith:

I have the option PC

That's odd. It wasn't available for me in Logos or Verbum.

How to upload logs

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 9:43 PM

It also asks me to sign into the software every time I open it. I don't remember it always doing that, is that normal behavior?

How to upload logs

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 10:07 PM

No ... but if you cleared cache or prohibited cookies ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 10:09 PM

David Taylor Jr:

It also asks me to sign into the software every time I open it. I don't remember it always doing that, is that normal behavior?

Try rebooting? If it continues, you might want to post logs, in the appropriate forum.

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2018 6:01 AM

MJ. Smith:

No ... but if you cleared cache or prohibited cookies ...

What do you mean cleared cache or prohibited cookies? Is Logos dependent on something else in that regard?  How can I make sure that cookies are not prohibited?

How to upload logs

Posts 1170
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2018 8:05 AM

David,

I tested your scenario on my macOS environment

(1) I turn off WiFi and no Ethernet connection, Start Logos 7, it started normally and does not prompt me for login Smile

(2) I also tried this to force Logos to work offline successfully: To work offline on a Mac, open the "Applications" folder, select Logos and press Command+O. Keep the Command key held down while Logos opens, until you see the "sign in" window. Press the "Work Offline" button

(3) This link for Logos 5 ... looks like there is some changes now https://www.logos.com/training/logos5/work-offline

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Mojave 10.14.6 | iPhone X iOS 13.1.2

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2018 10:14 AM

LimJK:

David,

I tested your scenario on my macOS environment

(1) I turn off WiFi and no Ethernet connection, Start Logos 7, it started normally and does not prompt me for login Smile

(2) I also tried this to force Logos to work offline successfully: To work offline on a Mac, open the "Applications" folder, select Logos and press Command+O. Keep the Command key held down while Logos opens, until you see the "sign in" window. Press the "Work Offline" button

(3) This link for Logos 5 ... looks like there is some changes now https://www.logos.com/training/logos5/work-offline

Yeah, I know it is supposed to work, but for whatever reason, it doesn't. I reached out to FL on it and they aren't sure why either.

How to upload logs

Posts 2081
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2018 12:34 PM

You have to have valid stored credentials in order to be able to run offline. There are a variety of reasons why your stored credentials might not be valid (haven't ever logged in on a new installation, password changed, etc). There's also a bug that's been around for a while that very occasionally causes the stored credentials to become invalid, thus requiring a fresh login.

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2018 1:11 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

You have to have valid stored credentials in order to be able to run offline. There are a variety of reasons why your stored credentials might not be valid (haven't ever logged in on a new installation, password changed, etc). There's also a bug that's been around for a while that very occasionally causes the stored credentials to become invalid, thus requiring a fresh login.

The app forces me to login everytime I open it so I suspect this is related to that.

How to upload logs

Posts 2081
LogosEmployee

David Taylor Jr:

The app forces me to login everytime I open it so I suspect this is related to that.

Being forced to log in every time sounds like some other problem I'm not aware of. A log file would be needed to help figure out what's going on.

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2018 1:30 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

David Taylor Jr:

Being forced to log in every time sounds like some other problem I'm not aware of. A log file would be needed to help figure out what's going on.

Just got off the phone with tech support. They advised doing a master password reset and a global signout. Once both were completed this now works.

How to upload logs

Posts 2081
LogosEmployee

Yes Ah, it's related to the other account issue that happened. Glad everything working again.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS