This post has 74 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8728
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 1:36 PM

Mark Barnes:

Mark Smith:

Mike Pettit:
Absolutely, its all part of the fun!

I really hoping the quality of the packages improves this time around. I admit to being a bit disappointed with the L7 offerings, so here's to better things sooner than L8er.

I had some correspondence with FL staff a few months ago, expressing exactly that view. I’ve been reassured that they’re focusing on valuable reference books, such as commentaries and Bible dictionaries — and the draft lists of resources I saw were definitely a step up from L7.

That is very good news! Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 954
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 1:49 PM

Mark Barnes:

I’ve been reassured that they’re focusing on valuable reference books, such as commentaries and Bible dictionaries — and the draft lists of resources I saw were definitely a step up from L7.

OK. Now I'm REALLY excited about L8. Can't w8 to see what's in store! 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 977
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 2:42 PM

Mark Barnes:

Mark Smith:

Mike Pettit:
Absolutely, its all part of the fun!

I really hoping the quality of the packages improves this time around. I admit to being a bit disappointed with the L7 offerings, so here's to better things sooner than L8er.

I had some correspondence with FL staff a few months ago, expressing exactly that view. I’ve been reassured that they’re focusing on valuable reference books, such as commentaries and Bible dictionaries — and the draft lists of resources I saw were definitely a step up from L7.

👍8️⃣

Posts 270
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 2:46 PM

When Logos 8 is introduced, we will be offering a special "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount which will much more than offset any savings that could be found by purchasing more highly discounted packages before others. To get maximum benefit from this "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount, you'll want to make your biggest purchase first.

Posts 9029
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 2:52 PM

Mark Barnes:

Ditto, so I do have some hope. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 994
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 2:55 PM

Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife):

When Logos 8 is introduced, we will be offering a special "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount which will much more than offset any savings that could be found by purchasing more highly discounted packages before others. To get maximum benefit from this "first Logos 8 purchase" discount, you'll want to make your biggest purchase first.

Oh no, this sounds horrendously expensive!

Posts 9029
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 2:55 PM

When Logos 8 is introduced, we will be offering a special "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount which will much more than offset any savings that could be found by purchasing more highly discounted packages before others. To get maximum benefit from this "first Logos 8 purchase" discount, you'll want to make your biggest purchase first.

I guess we'll learn when L8 goes live what the discount schedule is, but this sounds pretty enticing.

The only thing about the old system I liked was mixing packages from various streams for the best pricing and getting the resources I wanted at a good price. Looks like we'll have to choose just one package for a big discount and other ones from other streams will be more expensive. Since I have a lot of what I want already, it might be hard for me to benefit from the single generous discount scheme. We'll have to see.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 627
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 3:06 PM

And then there's the publisher's hidden discount. Package sm might be discounted 10%, while package med might be 20% and so on. They say it's cheaper, but don't publish the numbers. You have to dig the information out yourself. Sometimes when they go on sale, it really gets complicated. A sales rep can be really helpful, but it burns a lot of their time. If they would give us, the customers, access to these pricing tools, it would go a long way toward smoothing this problem out. I would like to be able to do virtual purchases so I could get the best deal. As it is, I have to do a real purchase and then return it.

Posts 1736
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 3:21 PM

Mark Smith:

I guess we'll learn when L8 goes live what the discount schedule is, but this sounds pretty enticing.

The only thing about the old system I liked was mixing packages from various streams for the best pricing and getting the resources I wanted at a good price. Looks like we'll have to choose just one package for a big discount and other ones from other streams will be more expensive. Since I have a lot of what I want already, it might be hard for me to benefit from the single generous discount scheme. We'll have to see.

We'd be happy to support that scenario via email or phone.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 3:22 PM

Dale E Heath:

And then there's the publisher's hidden discount. Package sm might be discounted 10%, while package med might be 20% and so on. They say it's cheaper, but don't publish the numbers. You have to dig the information out yourself. Sometimes when they go on sale, it really gets complicated. A sales rep can be really helpful, but it burns a lot of their time. If they would give us, the customers, access to these pricing tools, it would go a long way toward smoothing this problem out. I would like to be able to do virtual purchases so I could get the best deal. As it is, I have to do a real purchase and then return it.

The complication in that, and headaches it would cause customer service are likely why thats never happened.

We users in general get things twisted over version upgrades... Now imagine adding in a faceted list of percentage discounts and conditions...

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 9029
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 3:27 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We'd be happy to support that scenario via email or phone.

Thank you, Phil! That's reassuring. Yes

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 270
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 6:11 PM

Adding some more detail to my earlier post.

When Logos 8 is introduced, we will be offer a special "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount which will more than offset any savings that could be found by purchasing more highly discounted packages before others. To get maximum benefit from this "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount, you'll want to make your biggest purchase first.

The "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount will only be applied to a "Complete Upgrade", made of a Logos 8 Library and a Logos 8 Feature Set.

The "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount will NOT be applied to a "Feature Upgrade", when a Logos 8 Feature Set is purchased by itself.  Important note:  If your first Logos 8 upgrade is a Feature Upgrade, you will not be able to benefit from the "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount on subsequent purchases.

So, the buying strategy for maximum value is: make your first Logos 8 upgrade purchase the biggest Complete Upgrade you are interested in.

Posts 8728
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 7:06 PM

So, the buying strategy for maximum value is: make your first Logos 8 upgrade purchase the biggest Complete Upgrade you are interested in.

You could not say it much clearer than that.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1805
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 9:16 PM

I just wish Logos 8 release day would not be as bad as the release day of Logos 7.

Few things I wish Logos would improve on...

1. Make sure the Base Package discounts are crystal clear. So buyers can make good sound judgement.
  2. Description & the details of the Base Packages can be a lot more clearer than Logos 7. Example: Logos Connect vs. Logos Now, features vs BP, etc.
  3. I wish there's a built-in feature on the website where customers can do a "mock purchase"... so say...if I were to buy this X Base Package, then we can see how much discount it would effect the other Base Packages. That way we know how much we're saving. Thus, giving us the confidence to further purchase more BPs.
  4. Make sure your server can HANDLE the loaad!!! I remember Logos website were down many times during the release of Logos 6 and Logos 7. So I hope you guys upped your servers. I remember I went crazy... I bought the portfolios without even knowing what's included in packages because the website was down... I just called and purchase anyway... and that was at 6:05 AM ...!! 5 minutes after. I can't wait!
Posts 26844
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:41 AM

To get maximum benefit from this "first Logos 8 upgrade" discount, you'll want to make your biggest purchase first.

Can we purchase more than one package at a time (for the "first purchase")? If so, can we do it on the website, or does it require a phone call? 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Amy Esary | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:52 AM

To purchase multiple packages, please call sales. 

Posts 26844
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:53 AM

Will do! 

EDIT: It was well worth the call. Wink Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 627
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:07 PM

I discovered an item in a BP that I'm planning on buying, that I purchased less than 30 days ago.

I'll return that and get a credit. Is there an automated way for FL to find these or is it a manual task? Is it something FL should do or is it my own responsibility?

Posts 18
LogosEmployee

Dale, thanks for your question. You only pay for the resources that are new to you. If you're looking at a package that has a resource you already bought, you won't pay for it again. One of our salespeople would love to help you with this. Give us a call at 888-875-9491.

Posts 627
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 3:13 PM

But the resource is much cheaper in a BP, so I'll save money by returning it and then buying the BP. I've already emailed my rep to take care of it before ordering the BP.

Page 2 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS