Logos 8 Is Here (Official Announcement)!

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 769
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 8:57 AM

Cliff S:

I just found out how to find recent downloads to my Logos Library. Maybe I am getting the hang of it. 

Yes  Also in my seventies, and getting used to the new normal

Posts 232
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 9:08 AM

Keep learning - you’ll soon be on top of it!

Posts 3
davetkeing | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:57 AM

I've noticed the packages for people who had bibleworks have been modified, but CS are asking for the same price of the package that people who didn't have BW would have, which doesn't seem right to me. 

ព័តមានកីឡា

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 7:45 PM

I'm presently downloading 1.20 Gigs of updates? Is this normal for an update?

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 24840
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 2:14 AM

It could be. Did you upgrade via free Basic Library? What was downloaded (v8.3 will show you what was downloaded, else look at the Last Updated column in Library)?.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 12:52 AM

Sorry for the delayed reply Dave. I always get an email from Logos when a response comes in & for some reason didn't this time around. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "via Basic Library." Logos just automatically began downloading. It was 8:3 that came down plus 117 updates & 9 updated Datasets. I'm guessing that indeed accounts for the 1.20 Gigs. 

It was downloading when I threw out the question & not remembering a file that large before, it had me wondering what was coming. 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 5:04 AM

Bootjack:
I'm not sure what you mean by "via Basic Library." Logos just automatically began downloading.

The question Dave was asking is "How did you acquire the L8 engine?" It should have been via one of three options:

1. A FaithlifeConnect subscription
  2. A purchase of an L8 Library (or feature set)
  3. The free "purchase" of Logos Basic

The answer to your question "what is all of this stuff downloading" may be discovered by your answer to his question. I would add a follow up question: When did you acquire L8? The fact that you posted in this thread implies that you JUST did so, which may not be the case. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 12:32 AM

Ok, thanks for the clarification. The answer then would be # 1. What originally threw me when it was downloading, was that I didn't recall an update that size before.

As to when I acquired Logos 8, the answer to that would be, when it first appeared on the scene. I suppose I could have put my question up on a new thread, but scanning through this one, I just popped it up here. 

This should answer your questions JT. Hope all is well. 

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 6:29 AM

Bootjack:
The answer then would be # 1. What originally threw me when it was downloading, was that I didn't recall an update that size before.

The general answer to your question is that you did not download a 1GB software update. You downloaded software and resource updates which were that size. 

The specific answer to your question is likely that you downloaded the new "faithlife originals" which are a temporary license. FL made a change and no longer provides a code for "1 free original" but rather has provided you access to a larger catalog of resources which you will have access to as long as you maintain your subscription. 

If you want to find out exactly what downloaded, you should filter and sort your library for "last updated" and look for that date. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 1:00 PM

Thank you for that info JT. That puts a whole different light on things. 

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS