Upgrading to Logos 8

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 1804
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 28 2018 11:54 PM

Logos 8 is here. If you already own a base package, you qualify for a Logos 8 upgrade at a special custom upgrade price.

If you’re newer to upgrading, you may have some misconceptions about what it is and how it works. Keep reading to get the facts.

Upgrading Facts

1. You don’t lose anything when you upgrade. When you upgrade to Logos 8, you’re not trading in your current package and library for a new one. What you’ve already purchased is yours for life. Upgrading adds features and books on top of all the features and books you already have.
  2. You don’t repurchase anything you already own when you upgrade. No matter what package you choose to upgrade to, it will contain features and books your current base package already has. But don’t worry. We always calculate a custom upgrade price for you by taking into consideration everything you already have and deducting that from the total purchase price.
  3. We don’t have special upgrade packages. We don’t have separate packages for first-time purchasers and upgraders. Instead, we generate a custom upgrade price for you based on what you already own and what new licenses you’ll acquire.
  4. You don’t have to choose the same package level you already have. If you own Logos 7 Gold, Logos 8 Gold might be the right upgrade for you. But there’s no reason you have to choose that package. You can move up to a higher package or down to a lower package, based on which package has the features and books you want at a price you can afford. Remember, whichever package you buy only adds to everything you already have. You won’t lose anything regardless of which package you choose.
  5. You don’t have to choose only one package. Because we charge you only for the new features and books in the package you buy, you can safely purchase multiple packages without fear of overpaying or double purchasing. To make sure you get the best deal, you’ll want to buy one package per transaction—or reach out to our sales team (sales@logos.com or 888-875-9491) and let them help you do it all at once.
  6. You don’t have to buy a package with additional books. The new Logos 8 libraries are the best we’ve ever built and offered, but we understand that not everyone is looking to grow their libraries with new titles. That’s why we have upgrade options available that include only the new features and datasets to help you get just the latest functionality of Logos 8.
  7. You don’t have to buy separate upgrades for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or the web. Your one license gives you the ability to access your tools and content on any of our apps.
  8. You don’t have to upgrade. A free basic version of Logos 8 will be available in early 2019, and if you’re not interested in the new features or resources we’ve added to our Logos 8 packages or don’t have the budget to upgrade right now, you can pick up the free update in a few months. You can always decide after that to upgrade your features, library, or both.

Upgrading Offers

1. Take 25% off your first upgrade. For a limited time, you can save 25% on your first complete (i.e., features and library) upgrade to Logos 8. Additional upgrades will be 10% off. If you’d like to buy multiple packages in a single order to maximize your 25% discount, contact our sales team at sales@logos.com or 888-875-9491.
  2. Handpick your own Mobile Ed course. If you upgrade to Silver or higher, you’ll get your choice of any Mobile Ed course to add to your library permanently.
  3. Get bonus offers. We have a few other surprises planned for those who purchase Logos 8 during the launch window. Be on the lookout for special announcements exclusive to Logos 8 owners.

As you explore your Logos 8 upgrade options, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and let us know how we can help you find the package that’s right for you. We’re available to help through the following channels:

• here on the forums
  • by email at sales@logos.com
  • over the phone at 888-875-9491

We’re looking forward to serving you.

Phil

Phil Gons
Vice President of Bible Study Product
Faithlife Corporate
Makers of Logos Bible Software
phil@faithlife.com
360-685-2314

Posts 2689
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 1:13 AM

Well done Phil, clear, understandable and straight to the point.

All the best on the release and thanks for the hard work

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1939
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:24 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Handpick your own Mobile Ed course. If you upgrade to Silver or higher, you’ll get your choice of any Mobile Ed course to add to your library permanently.

This is great! One question, will this apply to any Silver base package (or perhaps denominational offerings are different)?

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:35 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Handpick your own Mobile Ed course. If you upgrade to Silver or higher, you’ll get your choice of any Mobile Ed course to add to your library permanently.

I see my Silver price, Phil.  Do I take 25% MORE off it, if it is my 1st upgrade......or......does the price I see include the 25 %'s removal already??

Posts 257
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:39 AM

scooter:

I see my Silver price, Phil.  Do I take 25% MORE off it, if it is my 1st upgrade......or......does the price I see include the 25 %'s removal already??

The price you see in the cart includes your applicable discount.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:44 AM

How do you get the free mobile ed course? I bought an upgrade minutes before seeing this post and I’m wondering if I did something wrong or if I’ll get a follow up email?

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Liz Roland (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:04 AM

James McAdams:

How do you get the free mobile ed course? I bought an upgrade minutes before seeing this post and I’m wondering if I did something wrong or if I’ll get a follow up email?

Hi James! You will receive a email with a coupon code. Once you have the coupon code, you can go to https://www.logos.com/redeem-course to redeem your free Mobile Ed course. :-) 

Posts 474
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:07 AM

So will Logos Now members be upgraded automatically?

Thanks!

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:13 AM

Liz Roland (Faithlife):

Hi James! You will receive a email with a coupon code. Once you have the coupon code, you can go to https://www.logos.com/redeem-course to redeem your free Mobile Ed course. :-) 

Perfect, thanks!

Posts 511
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:19 AM

Liz Roland (Faithlife):

James McAdams:

I was just about to ask the same question as James. Thanks for that answer, Liz. Yes

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:29 AM

Is there a base package discount for Logos Now subscribers? 

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:31 AM

Is there a base package discount for Logos Now subsribers? 

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:33 AM

Into Grace:

You get 5% on top of the normal one of 25% discount for a full package purchase (i.e. books and features)

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:37 AM

Mike Pettit:

Into Grace:

You get 5% on top of the normal one of 25% discount for a full package purchase (i.e. books and features)

Thanks, Mike

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:42 AM

Into Grace:

Mike Pettit:

Into Grace:

Thanks, Mike

It has just been clarified that you do not need to buy the feature set as well to get the full discount if you are a connect member.

Posts 716
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:37 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

1. Get bonus offers. We have a few other surprises planned for those who purchase Logos 8 during the launch window. Be on the lookout for special announcements exclusive to Logos 8 owners.

Hi Phil,

This indirectly seems to state that I should return my upgrade and wait with the purchase until I get the bonus offers. Is this the case?

Armin

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:46 AM

Armin:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

1. Get bonus offers. We have a few other surprises planned for those who purchase Logos 8 during the launch window. Be on the lookout for special announcements exclusive to Logos 8 owners.

Hi Phil,

This indirectly seems to state that I should return my upgrade and wait with the purchase until I get the bonus offers. Is this the case?

Armin

It is saying the bonus offers will be given to people who purchase the upgrade during the launch. In other words, if you wait, you might not get the offers.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1939
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:53 AM

Armin:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Hi Phil,

Armin

I would argue that "exclusive to Logos 8 owners" would imply that you should NOT return your upgrade!

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:08 AM

Armin:

You can view these offers here. They don't have to be bought at the time of your purchase, they can (must?) be bought afterwards: https://www.logos.com/top-products 

Posts 716
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:23 AM

Ok, that's good news. Many thanks for clarifying.

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS