Which package (v8) excites you most?

Page 5 of 7 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 125 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:03 AM

MJ. Smith:
but I can't stand to read Calvin. :-)

Would love to hear more on this, but sadly we don't have a forum for that.  I don't know any educated, committed Catholics to have discussions with.

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:09 AM

Michael S.:

Michael S.:

I think I have decided Reformed Platinum and Lutheran Silver is what I like... but not sure if I can make the $$ work.

Sadly, I think I will need to back down to Reformed Gold instead of Platinum...Sad

I pulled the trigger on Standard Diamond and Reformed Platinum, but.... woke up this morning with buyers remorse Crying

The monthly payment is as much as my first car's payment was!  (Granted less months, but still).  And, I have not told the wife yet, because I want to sleep inside tonight.  So I think I am going to have to sadly, return the Diamond and maybe even the Platinum... and settle with Gold.

I like the Specific resources in Reformed, and the language and academics of Standard...

AHH...WHY???   [Crying, Crying, yelling, sobbing....]

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:39 AM

Sean:

Dale E Heath:

Remember, with a Silver you get the free ME course ($300).

Silver is also the lowest level that gives you the Full Feature set.

all excellent points that I just came here to clarify...but you guys are all over it!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 8:25 AM

I went w/ L8 Gold + L8 Reformed Gold... I'm pretty happy thus far.  I really wanted to go to Platinum for BDAG but there are too many language resources in there I'll never use

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 10:46 AM

Michael S.:

I pulled the trigger on Standard Diamond and Reformed Platinum, but.... woke up this morning with buyers remorse Crying

The monthly payment is as much as my first car's payment was!  (Granted less months, but still).  And, I have not told the wife yet, because I want to sleep inside tonight.  So I think I am going to have to sadly, return the Diamond and maybe even the Platinum... and settle with Gold.

I like the Specific resources in Reformed, and the language and academics of Standard...

AHH...WHY???   [Crying, Crying, yelling, sobbing....]

Hey Michael, if you can afford the monthly payment, I would say keep it if you NEED the resources. I look at things for an investment point of view and my wife and I understand it as that. I use Logos daily for school and ministry and so it is totally worth it because it has saved me so much time and what not. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 11:07 AM

Keith Pang:
Hey Michael, if you can afford the monthly payment, I would say keep it if you NEED the resources. I look at things for an investment point of view

I hear you brother.  I am chewing on it.  I just got it last night, so I got the month to decide... but man the sticker shock! Surprise

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 11:57 AM

I agree, the price is definitely shocking, but just see how things work out over the next couple of weeks. Maybe then you'll have a better idea if these resources are worth having at the time.

Also the first time upgrade discount is a factor too because after the first time you upgrade the discount lessens. That's why I bought two packages up front to take advantage of the greater discount. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 122
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 12:30 PM

I'm torn. I am trying to stay around the 400 range. I have a $100 and a $20 coupon to use. I want at least silver so that I can get a mobile ed course. 

I like Gold because it comes with the Anchor Yale Dictionary and the Pillar NT series and the Tyndale series and the Themelios journals. 

I like Baptist Gold because it comes with the Adrian Rogers and JMac sermons. 

I like the Reformed Gold because it comes with the series that has Rick Phillips as an editor. 

And I regret that I didnt pull the trigger before 8 was relased on a 7 package. I have been looking at the Barclay NT 17 volume NDSB set. It was in a 7 package that was less than $100. Now it is no longer in a package and is $200 by itself. 

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 12:47 PM

Tony, it depends on what you already have and what you want to so. Standard Gold is a great buy with AYBD and New American Commentary and Pillar and Tyndale. I would prioritize solid reference tools over sermons and Gold has them. If you can afford it, I think it is the strongest of the offerings you've listed.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 1:18 PM

Tony Walker:

Themelios journals. 

There are ways of picking up the Themelious Journals for free. Check out the .pdf vs Logos. You can get the current Logos issue every month for free.

Doing a Google search may be productive.

http://themelios.thegospelcoalition.org/archive

http://themelios.thegospelcoalition.org/

http://themelios.thegospelcoalition.org/issue/43-1

http://themelios.thegospelcoalition.org/issue/

Posts 38
Todd Beall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 10:05 PM

Yes, this was surprising to me. And it is odd, since that product is not marked with an asterisk when the individual volumes for each collection are listed (since it is forthcoming, but not yet here--right?). So this is a bit confusing to me.

Posts 87
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 1:14 AM

I’m trying to decide between upgrading to standard Platinum or standard Diamond. Would really like to go with Diamond for ICC, but need to also consider cost.f

The other factor, is that I currently have an academic discount, and only have 18 months or so left at university before moving into final placement and ordination, and I’m thinking this might be the last Logos launch that I would have the academic discount for.

it makes me wonder if I should try really hard to juggle finances to afford Diamond. With my academic discount and connect discount, Diamond is only showing as $500~600 more than Platinum, which would get me ICC and Smyth  & Helwys, which seems well worth doing.

i appreciate any advice or input that might help me in my decision.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 1:34 AM

I think Ultimate is the ultimate! However, my massive dissatisfaction with Notes (same ol' refusal to address my concerns) may finally keep me from buying. Besides, I'm only one payment from paying off my L6 & L7 Collector's Editions (and a few other goodies like OT/NT Library, Bloomsbury, etc.) If I could leave L3 behind with confidence, I'd fork over the $5K+ with glee and probably want to add some library builders as well (which would push me over the 20K resources mark). As it is, if I read three books from my library per day, I still would never read all of what I've already got. Doesn't mean there aren't things I still want, but adding more and more to a program I can't use because it doesn't do what I require is seeming less and less like a good and compelling idea...never mind that the dozen or two journals I need access to almost every day and have requested for years are nowhere on the horizon.

Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 3:48 AM

I did Standard Portfolio with Platinum Bilingual/Salomon Spanish BP, then added a few gold, silver and some bronze for real cheap.

Check your dynamic price, some Bronze can be as cheap as $5 bucks and have a few resources that are worth having.

DAL

Ps. Hopefully we’ll have brand new Topical Bundles soon 👍😁👌

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 5:53 AM

Sean:

As one interested in the lower level packages, Anglican Silver is looking the best right now. In L6 I went for Reformed & Verbum, L7 Methodist, so this looks like the best to round out my library mix.

I'm quite happy with Anglican Silver. Checking the other denominational packs, I see I can get Reformed Bronze quite cheap because I already have a lot of Reformed resources. It completes the New Covenant Commentary series cheaper (for me, at least) than even the current sale rate plus gives all the available Mentor Commentary volumes and a few other interesting resources.

It's always a good idea after you make your major upgrade to check out all the lower level packages. Even ones from traditions you may not favor can have some amazing bargains.

Posts 785
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 6:14 AM

Sean:

It's always a good idea after you make your major upgrade to check out all the lower level packages. Even ones from traditions you may not favor can have some amazing bargains.

Indeed. Maybe even check it out before the upgrade. And occasionally, the items in the lower level denominational packages are not as "denominational" as one might think. Anglican Starter, for example, has Marshall's "A Concise New Testament Theology" (normally $21). I'll get this and 18 other resources for $16 total.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:06 AM

I came in to Logos with version 6 - moved from free version to Bronze/Silver/Gold over the course of a year or so. With Logos 7 I climbed up to Platinum and with Logos 8 I’ve gone for Portfolio - this is all standard packages - I’ve added lower packages for Anglican/Orthodox/Verbum but typically only at the Starter/Bronze levels provided they were sufficently cheap (£40 or less) that I could buy them on a whim - the main packages have always been on payment plans.

I probably put less thought into this upgrade than any before-hand. As soon as I saw enough to justify my price I stopped looking - I keep finding myself genuinely surprised at items in my library that I didn’t even know that I’d purchased, which is a happy state of affairs.

I’m really thrilled with the update. There are features that I desperately wanted that still haven’t made the cut, but overall I’m very happy.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 11:42 AM

Mark Smith:

Ted Hans:

I went from Logos 7 Collector's Edition to Logos 8 Ultimate. Very pleased Big Smile

Ted you got a lot! Ultimate is packed with good stuff. Congratulations.

I think Ted already had one of the largest Logos libraries of any non-employee of Logos. With Ultimate, that could put him in the top five.

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 2:55 PM

David Paul:
With Ultimate, that could put him in the top five.

Whatever happened to that bragging list? (I'm not on it.)

Granted that Ultimate is a lot of money for most people, FL has really boosted up their packages this time around, so if one can afford it, it is probably one of the best buys ever offered by Faithlife. Ted is fortunate to have been in a position to buy it, as I'm sure he'd acknowledge.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 4:08 PM

I thought a blog post stated that NICOT/NT was included in collectors and above, but I can’t seem to find it.  Not that I’m buying or anything.

DAL

Page 5 of 7 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS