Which package (v8) excites you most?

Page 7 of 7 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
This post has 125 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 11:32 AM

Michael S.:

Michael S.:
Very similar to my purchase.  going to be tough for the payments, but will be worth it in the long run I believe.

Im sad, and wanted to share my sadness...

I had to return all my purchases... the finances were not going to work. 

So I keep telling myself, yes, I am missing out on the 25% discount, and all the wonderful books at great low prices... and yes I am missing the discounted pre-pub prices and even a couple of community prices I got, but one day there will be another sale and maybe then I can get them.  Yes the Wipf & Stock sale is going to be missed, but maybe there will be another one some day.  Maybe when v9 rolls out, I will be able to upgrade.  This is what I keep telling myself.  Im struggling to find comfort in that.  I guess I am a product of our consumer society and got hopes up and the sales got me excited, just to have this big let down.  This big disappointment.  Oh to learn the art of contentment (I have a book about that).

This also means, I am having to revert to v7 and resume the payment plan as prior to launch of v8, of which I had 15 months left.  At least I got to use the Canvas tool once to make some handouts for my SS middle school class.  Oh well, no sense dwelling on "what could have been."

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders a moment.  I guess I needed a sympathetic ear.

-Michael

I wanted Anglican Gold as well but had to limit myself to Methodist Platinum due to finances. I just always decide what I want and can afford (or am willing to pay) up front and run the numbers on payment plans BEFORE I call Logos because they are very good selling you stuff over the phone. lol By the time I called I told the man exactly what I wanted and exactly how much I wanted my monthly payment to be and stuck to it. Nothing worse than buyer's remorse.

Hopefully I'll be able to get Anglican Gold one day. It has the Feasting on the Word series and Pannenberg's Systematic Theology (3 vols), along with a lot of other cool stuff. One thing that's definitely saving my wallet is the limited hard drive space on my laptop. Smile I can only fit so many more Logos books on here and I don't plan on buying a new computer for a while. I also want Orthodox, Verbum, and Lutheran Silver but that's probably never going to happen unless I come into some unexpected cash.

Posts 36
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 6:27 PM

Mark Smith:

David Paul:
With Ultimate, that could put him in the top five.

Whatever happened to that bragging list? (I'm not on it.)

Granted that Ultimate is a lot of money for most people, FL has really boosted up their packages this time around, so if one can afford it, it is probably one of the best buys ever offered by Faithlife. Ted is fortunate to have been in a position to buy it, as I'm sure he'd acknowledge.

Yes, it is but it's mostly worth it. I went from L7 Collectors -> to L8 Ultimate. I got L8 Collectors first then upgraded to Ultimate. I saved about $300 by doing that instead of just going from L7 Collectors to Ultimate. 

Posts 202
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 6:35 PM

I went from Logos 7 Collectors to Logos 8 Ultimate.  In Logos 6 I acquired almost all base packages so Ultimate just made sense for me. 

Posts 569
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2018 3:52 PM

Ted Hans:

I went from Logos 7 Collector's Edition to Logos 8 Ultimate. Very pleased Big Smile

Hi Ted:

Hope you do not mind me asking you: what is the best use, deliverables, research, etc. that you think you have done with your ultimate package?

In your profile there is an indication that you are into teaching, do you use Logos mostly for that? If so how?

Thanks ahead of time for sharing with us your experience.

Posts 6323
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2018 4:49 PM

To me Ultimate had too many “fillers.” Even collectors is not all that appealing to me.  I bought plenty and as finances allow, I’ll probably get back on board with Standard Portfolio, but even that has some technical sets I’ll probably never really need (e.g. ICC and Anchor Bible).

What’s important right now is that all of my L8 Upgrades (English, Spanish and Verbum) are paid for 👍😁👌 Oh how I love the sweet sound of that...PAID...FOR...(echo, echo, echo) 😀

DAL

Posts 569
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 4:28 AM

Hi Dal:

Sorry to ask, but what is the best use you give to your English, Spanish, and Verbum?

Exegesis, theology, counseling, teaching, preaching, evangelism, planting, discipleship, spiritual formation, ministry team development, Biblical theology, article writing, comparative studies, catechesis, christian living, apologetics, or none of the above?

I wonder how persons go about the different projects? Do they plan them out deliberately, or do they react to the need at hand? 

Are some following the usual continuum?:

Information, attitude, skill, will, teamwork, for supreme performance under the guidance of the Holy Spirit...

Thanks ahead of time for sharing your experience.

Page 7 of 7 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS