How can I go back to Logos 7?

Page 1 of 4 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 68 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1
Tito Reinaldo | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:24 PM

I don't like the new UI, feels cheap.

I want to go back to the way it was, how can I do that?

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:27 PM

Uninstall eight and down load seven. You may have to ask logos to block your account from receiving 8 until you are ready for it, otherwise it will simply update 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 227
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:28 PM

Tito Reinaldo:

Am close to asking the same question Tito

Actually like the UI just feel like I'm testing a Beta and don't have the time to be a Beta tester.

Posts 979
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:29 PM

Tito Reinaldo:

There is a 30-day money back guarantee. Just give Faithlife a call and they should be able to sort you out. 

On the other hand, you could give it time and see if it grows on you! 

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:37 PM

The UI is not THAT much different than L7. I don't really understand your point. Do you not also like the new tools that come with L8?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:41 PM

I would be interested in knowing what specific issues, concerns, or dislikes you have about the UI. 

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:55 PM

Fredc:

I would be interested in knowing what specific issues, concerns, or dislikes you have about the UI. 

I would like to know this too. Sometimes it just takes a bit of time to adapt to the changes.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 644
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 3:02 PM

I'm not sold on the UI either but I'm trying to give it a chance, looks too much like the web app which I've never been a fan of. I know they said it's customizable so I'm going to poke around with it.

Posts 26102
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 3:45 PM

Tito Reinaldo:

I would like to advise against going back because the new UI unifies the online and desktop experience. We are used to a desktop experience that was specifically designed for desktops. It would not work well online. A little pain now will pay off in the future as our devices get more and more integrated. You should have heard me yell a few days ago when I had to connect my Kindle and iPhone to get my new SmartPlug to work with Echo -- but integration is the direction of the future.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18
LogosEmployee

Tito Reinaldo:

We're sorry to hear you don't like the new UI, Tito! Our Customer Service team is always here to help our customers get the most out of their Logos experience. You can reach them at logos.com/contact. I also recommend checking out our training resource page, which could help answer some questions: https://www.logos.com/logos-pro. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Posts 10031
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:12 PM

Lynden Williams:

Uninstall eight and down load seven. You may have to ask logos to block your account from receiving 8 until you are ready for it, otherwise it will simply update 

Hmmm ... on previous versions, they said updated meant updated (absent some registry surgery). But maybe L8 is a web app in sheeps clothing, and no problem.

Posts 14
James Fowlie | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:19 PM

Yeah... I'm not too fond of the new layout, either, most especially the home page. It's one reason I don't use the online version for anything other than a quick lookup.

I loved the old home page format, and found it somewhat addictive. It looked informative (even if it was trying to sell product).

The new one is just looks like ads, ads, ads. It also seems that we also had a lot more control over what content showed up on the old home page. Now you can turn off your own cards, but you have to suffer through whatever else Faithlife wants to throw at you, with no (apparent) way to turn it off or tone it down.

I dislike it so much that I've resorted to turning off the home screen as my default startup page, and just set it to blank screen instead (Tools->Program Settings->At Startup Open to->Blank layout).

It'll probably save me a lot of money over the long run!

Posts 26102
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:14 PM

Denise:
they said updated meant updated

I think you are remembering the instances in which there had been a major change in the resources that made them incompatible backwards.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:16 PM

James Fowlie:
It'll probably save me a lot of money over the long run!

Yep. But FL is going to do more work on the Home Page, so I'd expect more options in the future. (I prefer the L7 layout, too.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26102
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:26 PM

Mark Smith:
(I prefer the L7 layout, too.)

Look - you all aren't Verbum users who (a) had lectionary lose necessary functionality (b) had saints lose necessary functionally plus being built in a way that doesn't work with the resource it was built for (c) caught the fact the either Daily Devotional isn't working right or they incorrectly assigned type in the library ..... and that's just in the Dashboard ...

Posts 47
Chaoyu-Bian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:28 PM

That's true, I prefer version 7 that looks pro, L8 is weakness.

Posts 4870
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:41 PM

I have to agree L8 home page is awful. Never liked the web app and now the desktop homepage looks awful too, it no longer looks like  professional bible study software package but instead one for children. Added to the fact it’s incompete and we are being told we have to wait for a future update before we can remove all the marketing fluff from it, it does not give a good first chance impression of the software.

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:43 PM

doc:

I have to agree L8 home page is awful. Never liked the web app and now the desktop homepage looks awful too, it no longer looks like  professional bible study software package but instead one for children. Added to the fact it’s incompete and we are being told we have to wait for a future update before we can remove all the marketing fluff from it, it does not give a good first chance impression of the software.

Honestly, if that is what you are judging all of L8 on I think you have severely missed the point. It's going to be fixed. It isn't fixed today. No sense going on and on about it, just move on.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 36
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:49 PM

I remember when everyone hated the new iOS design back in 2012-13ish. It looked so different (aka, cheap, cartoon-y, etc) compared to what we were used to for 4-5 years. The new L8 design reminded me of that 

Posts 3002
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:04 PM

Logos/Verbum 8.1 will have an improved homepage, which I'm looking forward to.

Page 1 of 4 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS