Free upgrade for connect subscribers

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 39 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 100
Brad | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:05 PM

OK.  So what am I missing here.  Did I really get ALL of the new features on Logos 8 for free?  Just because I'm a faithlife connect subscriber?  

Logos 8 - Reformed Baptist Pastor - Student at MBTS - theologynights.com

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:10 PM

Brad:
Did I really get ALL of the new features on Logos 8 for free?  Just because I'm a faithlife connect subscriber? 

Yes - that is one of the benefits of subscribing.

Posts 100
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:38 PM

What happens if the subscription to connect is cancelled?

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:38 PM

Brad:

You lose the features. You're effectively renting them via your subscription.

Posts 82
Joey Midgett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 5:25 PM

So is the Logos 8 software a free upgrade for Connect users? If so where can I download it from, everything I see is base packages?

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 5:25 PM

Brad:

Of course, you can cancel your subscription and buy the feature set at https://www.logos.com/product/165935/logos-8-full-feature-upgrade but to me the things that you get with a subscription more than pay for themselves.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 5:35 PM

Joey Midgett:

So is the Logos 8 software a free upgrade for Connect users? If so where can I download it from, everything I see is base packages?

Joey, you should have received an email from Faithlife with a link to upgrade. When you click on it it will upgrade you to L8 automatically. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 82
Joey Midgett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 5:53 PM

Mark Smith:

Joey Midgett:

Joey, you should have received an email from Faithlife with a link to upgrade. When you click on it it will upgrade you to L8 automatically. 

Thank you, I missed the email.

Posts 100
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:00 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Brad:

Of course, you can cancel your subscription and buy the feature set at https://www.logos.com/product/165935/logos-8-full-feature-upgrade but to me the things that you get with a subscription more than pay for themselves.

So in your opinion keeping the subscription service would be a better value than purchasing just the feature upgrade?

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:04 PM

Brad:

David Taylor Jr:

Brad:

So in your opinion keeping the subscription service would be a better value than purchasing just the feature upgrade?

Absolutely. The subscription gets you resources (depending on your level) on top of the features.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 100
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:05 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Brad:

David Taylor Jr:

Brad:

Thanks brother!

Absolutely. The subscription gets you resources (depending on your level) on top of the features.

Posts 118
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:06 PM

So I am a FL Connect subscriber and have not received the email. Is that the only way to get the upgrade?

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:08 PM

Brad:

What is your cost for the full feature set? How many years will you need to subscribe before you spend that much? How many new features will you have to wait for until the next full release (about 2 years from now) because you are no longer subscribed and does this matter to you? Do you take advantage of the other FL Connect benefits and what value do they have to you?

These are questions only you can answer. For me the $100 or so a year for the subscription is worth keeping up-to-date with new features and the occasional use of one of the other FL benefits. It's up to you.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1886
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:37 PM

I had a notification on the home page in my L7 desktop application. It had a "Get it now" link (or something like that), which opened a browser window for a $0.00 "purchase" of Logos 8. Then doing an "Update now" in L7 got the L8 upgrade to happen.

Donnie

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:46 PM

Ted Harms:

So I am a FL Connect subscriber and have not received the email. Is that the only way to get the upgrade?

Ted, Jennifer from Faithlife provided a link here.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 326
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:16 PM

Brad,

I'd like to add my 2 cents worth. 
Bob had stated that how Logos Now, Logos Connect, or, whatever it's being called this week, is a way for us to pay as we go, or to buy it outright all at once. (Not a direct quote, but, you get the idea). 
I've not been too happy with Logos, until L7. I came in a few months prior to the end of L3 and to see L7 within a few years was extremely disheartening. L7 happened to be the first time I got a great deal for being a "recent upgrade". while I didn't get sweet deal per se, for 8, I feel I got a decent upgrade. While I'm not 100% thrilled with the idea that I am renting the feature sets, right now, I'm ok with it. 
What makes it worth it for me is we get free books, on the level Im at, I get to "borrow" 2 mobile ed courses a year (I think). Of course, the discount on the Base package. 
To me, the benefits for being a subscriber outweigh being an owner. While I might lose the feature sets, I will have the books at a decent price. And in the end, I think I come out a little ahead, as I've not totally upgrade proofed by Bible, but, it was nice to not get irritated because there's yet ANOTHER upgrade that would cost me several hundred AGAIN! 

Well, hope that helps you decide, if you had not already decided, and if you have, maybe some one else. 

Brad:

David Taylor Jr:

Brad:

Posts 58
Simon Smailus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 12:57 AM

I've cancelled my Connect subscription and it expires next month. Any idea what happens if I use the Connect upgrade to 8 and then my subscription runs out. Does everything downgrade to 7 again?

Posts 26107
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 1:01 AM

Simon Smailus:
I've cancelled my Connect subscription and it expires next month.

I don't know but I suspect that it depends partially on when the free Logos 8 engine becomes available.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 326
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 1:17 AM

From what I (mis)understand, if you are in the "grandfathered" pricing, you do NOT want to cancel (or let it lapse) because once it lapses, it won't renew at that lower rate. 
And once you stop the subscription, everything that is "rented" goes back. So, yes, you would lose anything that wasn't owned. 
Now, if you buy a base package, you will lose the feature sets, but, unless I am wrong, you would keep the books. As far as going back to 7? That I am not quite sure on. Since the shell is free, you should be able to keep the new format. Although free, it is no longer madeimmediately available to those who simply upgrade the "shell", it will be made available later for free. This policy change was made with L7, 

So again, if you are a grandfathered price tiered subscriber, I recommend keeping the subscription; if for nothing else, the discounts and extras you get. 

Simon Smailus:

I've cancelled my Connect subscription and it expires next month. Any idea what happens if I use the Connect upgrade to 8 and then my subscription runs out. Does everything downgrade to 7 again?

Posts 326
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 1:17 AM

From what I (mis)understand, if you are in the "grandfathered" pricing, you do NOT want to cancel (or let it lapse) because once it lapses, it won't renew at that lower rate. 
And once you stop the subscription, everything that is "rented" goes back. So, yes, you would lose anything that wasn't owned. 
Now, if you buy a base package, you will lose the feature sets, but, unless I am wrong, you would keep the books. As far as going back to 7? That I am not quite sure on. Since the shell is free, you should be able to keep the new format. Although free, it is no longer madeimmediately available to those who simply upgrade the "shell", it will be made available later for free. This policy change was made with L7, 

So again, if you are a grandfathered price tiered subscriber, I recommend keeping the subscription; if for nothing else, the discounts and extras you get. 

Simon Smailus:

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS