Notes Issue: Cannot Edit Previously Written Note

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 213
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:18 PM

Since upgrading to Logos 8, I am unable to edit any of my previously written notes. I really need to know if this is a bug or if something has changed. Can previously written notes be edited? 

I tested this on my Mac and on the Web App. Both do not work. Please advise. 

Jim

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 26151
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:21 PM

That's very odd ... could you post a screen shot so we can see where the focus is?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 213
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:32 PM

When I go to the Note, say in this case it states 11/4 Spiritual Growth. However, the cursor will not allow me to enter or delete text. All I can do is highlight a text to copy I guess. 

It does not work on the Web App, nor the Desktop. When I went to my note on my iPhone, it does not show up at all. This is very frustrating. My only guess is that the servers are slow and have up not updated everything just yet. I am trying to be patient, but...

Posts 213
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:35 PM

I can add an anchor and tags, But I cannot edit the text in any way. I can click on any of the icons, but it will not let me edit the text I have already written. 

In the past, I could title the note, and then add text. However, I can't find a way to "title" the note, and I can't edit it at all. 

Posts 26151
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:41 PM

What I can do ... I added the word "change" ... I don't see the difference but I'll keep looking ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26151
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:43 PM

Jim Erwin:
However, I can't find a way to "title" the note,

I don't think there is a formal title in the new notes system. Make sure you are heard if you need it ...

Posts 1064
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:48 PM

MJ. Smith:

I don't think there is a formal title in the new notes system. 

That is correct. And it doesn't appear that this ability will be resurrected. :-( 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:06 PM

Jim Erwin:

Since upgrading to Logos 8, I am unable to edit any of my previously written notes. I really need to know if this is a bug or if something has changed. Can previously written notes be edited? 

I tested this on my Mac and on the Web App. Both do not work. Please advise. 

Jim

Sorry to hear about the problem you are running into. We will take a look. In the meantime can you provide logs? Those could provide a clue. 

Posts 213
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:13 PM

I just copied the note and put it in a new note. I deleted the previous. I checked my notes for the previous week and it looks like my newest previous notes for Colossians that I wrote were the only notes that were affected. 

Strange behavior.

I'll just put a title on the first line. I'll have to reorganize my filing system a bit. One I learn how to drag and drop a note to another folder (which I guess is now a notebook), it should be ok. 

Thanks for all of the help. 

As a side note: this new method feels like Google Notes used to be. 

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:21 PM

MJ. Smith:

Jim Erwin:
However, I can't find a way to "title" the note,

I don't think there is a formal title in the new notes system. Make sure you are heard if you need it ...

This is correct.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2182
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:00 AM

Jim,

During the new note beta I had one notebook come over that was locked.

I went to www.documents.logos.com and it showed all my documents that were saved in the cloud. I selected to show only notes and found that that particular notebook was "collaborate" rather than private. When I changed that setting it unlock the note for editing.

Your issue is not the same, but maybe worth a look.

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 4:27 PM

Hi, Jim. This is definitely a bug, and we're working on a fix now. Sorry, and thanks for reporting the issue.

Posts 7
Glen Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 4:59 AM

I have a number of notes that I cannot edit. Frustrating. Hope that it's caused by a bug that will be resolved shortly.

Posts 18
Steve. Kilgore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 7:46 AM

Same experience.

And on the mobile app (Android) I can't select which note or highlight to edit. When trying to edit it only allows access to one note (first in a passage). The previous version gave me the option of selecting which note or highlight to edit. 

Posts 101
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 7:47 AM

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not even able to READ my previous notes. 

When I click on a note I can only see maybe one sentence of the note and the anchor opens up. I can click on the anchor, taking me to the location and I can hover over the note icon and see that I have a long paragraph in the note. BUT, when I click on the note it takes me back to the Note file where I can only see that brief sentence. I can find no way to open the Note.

I have tried to follow the Note video, but he is only dealing with creating a new note and I cannot really follow what he is doing since I have difficulty in understanding what he is saying. His accent is a little heavy for me.

The Note issue is the one thing that hangs me up in the new Logos 8.

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 10:05 AM

James H. Schafer:

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not even able to READ my previous notes. 

When I click on a note I can only see maybe one sentence of the note and the anchor opens up. I can click on the anchor, taking me to the location and I can hover over the note icon and see that I have a long paragraph in the note. BUT, when I click on the note it takes me back to the Note file where I can only see that brief sentence. I can find no way to open the Note.

I have tried to follow the Note video, but he is only dealing with creating a new note and I cannot really follow what he is doing since I have difficulty in understanding what he is saying. His accent is a little heavy for me.

The Note issue is the one thing that hangs me up in the new Logos 8.

I'd love to help, but I'm not sure I understand what you are describing. Can you provide a screen shot of the behavior you are seeing?

Posts 101
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 11:45 AM

How do I open a screen shot?

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 12:05 PM

James H. Schafer:

How do I open a screen shot?

When writing your forum post, click the paper clip icon to insert/attach your screen shot.

Posts 101
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 12:19 PM

Ok. I'm trying to read the note for Php 1:6 and it will not open so it can be read or even edited. If I click on the Anchor it will open the location in my Bible. If I hover over the icon I can read what is in the note only what may be in the dialogue box. But if I click the icon I am brought back to this page and I am not able to see the whole note.

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 12:53 PM

Thank you, that is helpful. We will take a look.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS