Is there a command to set your preferred Bible in L8?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 752
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:03 AM

Id like to toggle between a couple Bibles as my preferred Bible based on the task or study I am doing.  I'd like to save shortcuts in my shortcuts bar or in my Favorites list so I can click on the particular Bible I want to use.

Without this function in the Home page (which I understand will be restored some day) this is very important, but I would use this command anyway because of its simplicity. (Currently I have to move my selected Bible to the top of the Priority List in the Library (and move or remove the current Bible from that position).  It works, but is cumbersome compared to the simple single click I'm looking for.)

If the command does not exist, please provide a command like: Set Preferred Bible to ______

Thank you.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:20 AM

I would also like to know how to do this in L8.

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:20 AM

Tim you just need to open your library and find the resource you want and click and drag it to the top bar to the right of Docs, Guides, Tools. 

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 2054
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:25 AM

Lee, your top bar looks as bad as mine.  I am hoping that one day we get folders up there like in Internet Browsers, so we can manage the mess and store ever more links up there. Imagine being able to open a whole folder-full of shortcuts.  Yes! 

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:28 AM

Lee:
Tim you just need to open your library and find the resource you want and click and drag it to the top bar to the right of Docs, Guides, Tools. 

That gives quick access to a Bible but doesn't make it one's preferred Bible, which is what Tim wants. For certain functions he wants to be able to easily change his preferred Bible without rearranging Bibles in his prioritization list in Library. He was able to do this on the Home Page in previous versions. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:29 AM

Lee:

This doesn't set it as the preferred Bible, it merely adds a shortcut to that particular resource.

I agree that it would be helpful to have something like the old way of selecting preferred Bible on the Homepage. At the moment, the only way I know how is to drag it to the top in Prioritize Resources in the Library. 

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:03 AM

Mark Smith:

Lee:

That gives quick access to a Bible but doesn't make it one's preferred Bible, which is what Tim wants. For certain functions he wants to be able to easily change his preferred Bible without rearranging Bibles in his prioritization list in Library. He was able to do this on the Home Page in previous versions. 

I opened the Help panel in L8 and it still says the preferred Bible can be set from the Home page, so unfortunately, the L8 Help panel must not actually be updated yet for L8, or ...L8 just isn't working yet as it's supposed to.

For L8 to be lacking some things like this that have been such basic/core features seems like a significant oversight to me.  Hard to understand how L8 can go to production without somebody at Faithlife noticing. 

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:07 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
I opened the Help panel in L8 and it still says the preferred Bible can be set from the Home page, so unfortunately, the L8 Help panel must not actually be updated yet for L8, or ...L8 just isn't working yet as it's supposed to.

Help has not yet been updated. I've asked and been told it should be coming along soon.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:08 AM

Richard Wardman:
At the moment, the only way I know how is to drag it to the top in Prioritize Resources in the Library. 

Correct. Tim already knows he can do this. For his purposes it is more work.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:10 AM

Mark I answered the second part of his question

"I'd like to save shortcuts in my shortcuts bar or in my Favorites list so I can click on the particular Bible I want to use."

It is a quick way to open a resource.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:12 AM

Mark Smith:

Rick Ausdahl:

Help has not yet been updated. I've asked and been told it should be coming along soon.

Thank you, Mark.  I appreciate the clarification.  Although ...I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at knowing the product was released without the Help being updated first.  Big SmileCrying   Hmmm. Huh?

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:21 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
Thank you, Mark.  I appreciate the clarification.  Although ...I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at knowing the product was released without the Help being updated first.  Big SmileCrying   Hmmm. Huh?

Yes, my feelings, too. They ran into some technical difficulty as I understand. I am sure this wasn't their intent, but once a launch date gets set there are too many things going on to change it, so in this case the lack of a current Help file is one consequence.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:38 AM

GaoLu:

I am hoping that one day we get folders up there like in Internet Browsers, so we can manage the mess and store ever more links up there. Imagine being able to open a whole folder-full of shortcuts.  Yes! 

YES! I've hope for just this very thing for a looooong time! Yes

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee

Tim Hensler:

If the command does not exist, please provide a command like: Set Preferred Bible to ______

See https://community.logos.com/forums/p/174028/1006149.aspx#1006149 

Posts 752
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 4:49 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Thank you, Bradley.  I expressed my support to that post.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS