Library "Bookshelves"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 79
nl | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 30 2018 4:57 PM

I would love to be able to have my own bookshelves in my library so that on my phone or tablet, in the library I could just select my "Favorite Books" or one with just books on a specific topic etc.

At the moment I pretty much done even know what kind of regular books I have among the 1000+ books that I have. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks.

Posts 1452
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:02 PM

Nathan Christopher:

I would love to be able to have my own bookshelves in my library so that on my phone or tablet, in the library I could just select my "Favorite Books" or one with just books on a specific topic etc.

At the moment I pretty much done even know what kind of regular books I have among the 1000+ books that I have. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks.

Hi Nathan

Were you aware that there is a Favorites feature on both mobile and desktop? And that they sync back and forth? On the desktop you can create folders as well. Let us know if you need more help with this. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 679
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:28 PM

I agree Nathan. I made a similar suggestion in the forum but it fell on deaf ears. It would be nice to visually organize books on a shelf based on our own system. Amazon has this for the Kindle.

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:41 PM

Nathan:

This has been requested before but it doesn't seem Faithlife thinks there is enough interest to spend the time on it.

What I use:

• The Favorites Panel. I use this for books and articles I intend to read but haven't as well as organizing books and other resources under subjects.
  • The faceted browser in Library. This lets us browse by Subject (sometimes not too helpful as we cannot assign a subject to a book, it's already done), and also by Tags which we can assign to resources within Library. Those same tags can be useful in Searches and in forming Collections, so are worth looking into.
  • Collections. I take the time to create collections of my resources so when I am looking for a book on a subject or topic I can narrow down my search more quickly.

You can learn about Favorites, Tags, and Collections at wiki.logos.com. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2371
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:24 PM

I made a handful of Collections and showed my wife how to use them.  That makes a wonderful bookcase with several curated custom bookshelves for her.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS