Delete Unlicensed Resources?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 776
JRS | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:17 PM

We used to have to run the command 'Delete Unlicensed Resources' as a matter of housekeeping in order to remove traces of old, temp-licensed resources.  Now that L8 is here, is this still necessary?  Perhaps it was done away with under L7 and I just never got the memo?

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 3056
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:42 PM

JRS:

We used to have to run the command 'Delete Unlicensed Resources' as a matter of housekeeping in order to remove traces of old, temp-licensed resources.  Now that L8 is here, is this still necessary?  Perhaps it was done away with under L7 and I just never got the memo?

Still a tool to use.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 9:14 PM

JRS:
We used to have to run the command 'Delete Unlicensed Resources' as a matter of housekeeping in order to remove traces of old, temp-licensed resources.  Now that L8 is here, is this still necessary?

Housekeeping will still be necessary with Logos 8, as permanent resources could also be unlicensed e.g. when you return a purchased collection, base package. See https://wiki.logos.com/Delete_Unlicensed_Resources

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 126
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 2:05 AM

I tried the "Delete Unlicensed Resources" tool several times but the temporary resources are still showing up in my library. Has anyone else had this problem?

Posts 5085
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 2:37 AM

I would expect this command does not remove temporary licensed resources from your hard drive and hence library is that temporary license is active.

i bleibe the command is for removing files from your hard drive where the tempPeary license has expired. I would not expect it to remove anything from your library so the behaviour you are seeing Is correct if I understand the command correctly.

Posts 10100
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 3:36 AM

DIsciple II:
I would expect this command does not remove temporary licensed resources from your hard drive and hence library is that temporary license is active.

yes, that would be my understanding, too.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 126
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 9:17 AM

I have more than 1,000 temporary resources in my library left over from an expired Cloud subscription. Is there a way to completely remove them? I completely deleted the Logos app on my iMac and the unlicensed resources are gone. But they are still showing in my library on my MacBook.

Posts 10100
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:29 AM

Richard J. Ward:
Is there a way to completely remove them? I completely deleted the Logos app on my iMac and the unlicensed resources are gone. But they are still showing in my library on my MacBook.

the command referred above 'delete unlicensed resources' is exactly that. It works on the respective 'desktop' machine and will remove the resources from your library that you have no valid license for - expired cloud subscriptions are exactly the use case that led to development of this command.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3084
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2019 8:56 AM

Richard J. Ward:
I have more than 1,000 temporary resources in my library left over from an expired Cloud subscription.

In your Library? As in, you can access them in Logos/Verbum?

Posts 126
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2019 12:02 PM

SineNomine:

Richard J. Ward:
I have more than 1,000 temporary resources in my library left over from an expired Cloud subscription.

In your Library? As in, you can access them in Logos/Verbum?

No, I was not able to access them. I ended up doing a complete removal of my Logos app from my iMac and MacBook. After reinstalling them, the leftover temporary resources from the expired subscription were gone.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS