Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 22 2010 9:05 AM

So all of my locally saved books are gone except the last one that I saved. I don't know if it is related but here's what I did:

*bought a new book from the website on the iPod Touch

*opened Logos on iPod, saved the book locally, read some

*opened the program later while offline, and that was my only downloaded book.

Posts 21
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 6:30 PM

Same thing happened to me the other day on my iPad.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 2:03 PM

That is very typical for the iPod Touch. I have 3,600 resources, and mine disappear all the time, or I receive the not available offline notice. Hopefully, Logos will resolve this problem with the next release, because at this time Logos in my iPod Touch is almost useless.

Posts 1
Dennis H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 6:36 AM

This is a disturbng probem which recurs frequently...I can confirm that it happens on both the 3G and Wifi-only iPads...

Imagine the difficulty of prepping a message, going to the iPd, no 3G/Wifi,,,and now your "offline" books are not there?!?!?

PLEASE get this feature fixed...

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 6:46 AM

Yes, This has already happened to me.  When I reported it some 3 weeks ago, nothing happened nor did I hear from anyone at logos.

Posts 1536
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 7:02 AM

Guys, I would suggest that you call Logos Tech support and report these. 

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 7:21 AM

Add me to the list - in airplane mode, none of my saved books were accesible (on iPad). Works like a champ right now, but not when I needed it. Still love it though.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 10:20 AM

I reported the problem to Logos tech support, and they are aware of the problems. The tech said to look for major fixes in the next  upgrade. I might add even the books I own do not appear to work all that well offline. In fact I have resorted to using Laridian Bible Software on my iPod until Logos gets well.

Posts 686
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 10:43 AM

Gary -

Was any indication given as to when the next update would go live?

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 976
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 1:16 PM

For those who have lost books, approximately how many books do you have downloaded?

Posts 1536
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 2:19 PM

Dave Dunkin:
For those who have lost books, approximately how many books do you have downloaded?

Between 5 - 10. My top bibles and a few commentaries.

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 4:20 PM

Dave, I have a bout 30 downloaded give or take a couple.

kelly

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 6:18 AM

My Logos library has 3,600 books, and I have downloaded all that are available to my iPod.

Posts 7
Barry Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 12:29 PM

Has this been fixed? I made the mistake of logging off of LOGOS on my Iphone. While it did warn me all saved resources would be removed, I did it anyway. Now when I log back in I only 2-3 of the airplane's remain. no matter how many times I make books avaliable off line. when I re start Logos. there gone.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 12:43 PM

Barry Lim:

Has this been fixed? I made the mistake of logging off of LOGOS on my Iphone. While it did warn me all saved resources would be removed, I did it anyway. Now when I log back in I only 2-3 of the airplane's remain. no matter how many times I make books avaliable off line. when I re start Logos. there gone.

I'd be interested in knowing if it has been fixed... I put my iPod touch purchase on hold.

Posts 7
Barry Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 1:06 PM

appears to be more of a LOGOS issue than an iPod/iPhone one. It worked like a charm up until last night. now I get "unable to download resource" error. Perhaps the data servers or the bandwidth out of LOGOS cannot accomodate the load?

Posts 343

This is a confirmed bug in the iPad App, and it should be fixed in two-three weeks.

Jason Saling

Posts 976
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 1:35 PM

We are still looking into this issue and do not have a specific time frame for a fix. The problem with downloading books that started last night appears to be triggered by some resource updates and is not related to resources disappearing. We are also looking into that problem.

Posts 1536
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 2:38 PM

Dave Dunkin:
We are still looking into this issue and do not have a specific time frame for a fix. The problem with downloading books that started last night appears to be triggered by some resource updates and is not related to resources disappearing. We are also looking into that problem.

Dave, not blaming or pointing fingers, but this is going to be a problem as long as the iPhone/iPad are cloud only devices. Anytime there is a problem with Logos servers, all of our devices are vulnerable.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2010 2:54 AM

Any update on when this will be fixed?  I was at a remote location in a church service and was dismayed to see that all of my books were gone from my IPad.  Until this is fixed this application has very limited value without constant internet connection--IMHO.  I have reloaded some books multiple times, only to find they have disappeared.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS