Clippings...I wish I could...

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 41
J.D. Matthews | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 22 2010 11:11 AM

I'm starting to use the cippings files more that note files, but I noticed a problem. The clipping files cannot be accesed directly from the scripture or atricle that the clipping came from. I sometimes will use clipping files exclusively when I prepare, but these files are not as visible as note files.

I use the favorites tool to organize my files, so I can get back to my clippings easily. The clipping files also show up when I do a passage guide report.

My study may be broken up into several short sessions, so I like the ability to read, copy, paste, edit, and (in essesnce) Hyperlink back to what I've done in these short sessions. When I set asside a longer session I want to be able to gather what I've done preveously. Clippings work great for me.

I wish that there could be some sort of indication inside of an atrticle that let's me know that I drew from this information for a clippings file. the little square that note files use would be fine, or maby another shape. I would even settle for the the information star from Logos V3 that shows on the pointer. I wish I could have some sort of way to know that this scripture or article was valuable to another study.

I was creating a blank note file along with the clipping file, but as I cereated more files this became a undesireable.

Posts 11
Kellogg Family | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 2:52 AM

Yes +

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 3:00 AM

this seems like a good idea, i'm assuming it's to show you what you've already clipped right? that way you don't "double clip" :)

As an interim solution, have you thought about making a highlighter color unlike all your others and call it "clipped"? Maybe a little scissor icon?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 3:13 AM

While I was thinking about it....I made a "scissors" icon...

Here is what it looks like using it:

And here is the file:

Robert Pavich

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 5:11 AM

That's a great solution, Robert.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 6:23 AM

Ron Barry:
That's a great solution, Robert.

thanks, and thank you Logos for giving us the flexibility to put whatever picture we want as an icon...this gave me a chance to see how it worked.

Robert Pavich

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 7:01 AM

I am so far behind what this program can do it's not even funny. I had no idea you could do any of this stuff.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 10:05 PM

My goodness, I just tried out clippings for the first time since I purchased Logos 4. What an incredible tool. I can't believe I haven't been using this for the last 5 months. This is going to save me a lot of hassle.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 10:43 PM

Robert Pavich:

As an interim solution, have you thought about making a highlighter color unlike all your others and call it "clipped"? Maybe a little scissor icon?

Thanks for this great idea...I'm adopting it.

I'd been using Notes instead of Clippings because of this textual reference problem...but with this workaround, I'll start converting back to clippings instead...after one of the recent version changes where the notes were "elipsized", the way I was using notes as clippings derailed.

Posts 11
Kellogg Family | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 11:39 PM

Robert, This is an excellent idea, thank you!

Posts 41
J.D. Matthews | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 2 2010 1:49 PM

thanks so much for the idea. now I can tell if the article has been linked to a clippling file. I then would just have to remember which clipping file I linked it to.

I wonder if there is a way to hyperlink the cliping file to the article, so that when I see that it's been used for a clipping file I can click on the article and open the clipping flle.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 2 2010 2:34 PM

Jonathan Burke:

My goodness, I just tried out clippings for the first time since I purchased Logos 4. What an incredible tool. I can't believe I haven't been using this for the last 5 months. This is going to save me a lot of hassle.

I found also clippings are one of the best things in sermon preparation and even plain reading, just to keep the paragraph for the future use. Usually I also highlight the paragraph after putting it to the clipping. The idea of having a special highlight for that purpose is great. Thanks.

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS