Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2018 12:32 PM

While this isn't a make-or break deal for me, I'm pretty disappointed in the list offered this month. That alone wouldn't cause me to write. But when I try to purchase the ONLY book I'm even tempted by, still short of interested in, it's automatically removed from my shopping card because I already own it. This was my reaction last month, too, & I bought it then, apparently. Hmm

At least I'm consistent. Zip it!

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 12:46 PM

Same here. The first two months still offered something more academic, but since then nothing to even bother. Please bring back the list of twenty and include something more solid (even Lexham guides or volumes of Osborne's commentary series.

Posts 509
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 12:56 PM

André Kamphuis:

Please bring back the list of twenty and include something more solid

Yes

Posts 53
Avi Lebedev | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 1:40 PM

André Kamphuis:

Same here. The first two months still offered something more academic, but since then nothing to even bother. Please bring back the list of twenty and include something more solid (even Lexham guides or volumes of Osborne's commentary series.

exactly my thoughts...

Posts 80
EX | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 1:46 PM

It is a make or break deal for me. I own already own 8 out of the 10 listed books.

I have to pick between these two:

1. The Paradox of Happiness by René Breuel ($5.99)
  2. David and Goliath Rethinking David and Goliath by Lisa A. Eary ($21.99)

We had way more choices in the past.

PCA Church
L4 Platinum, L5 Reformed Platinum, L6 Reformed Diamond, Reformed Studies XL, Platinum, Logos Now

Posts 3076
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 1:50 PM

I just got the last book available for me today- and I really didn't want it- but its free- they need to do something or just drop the pretense to this being a benefit.

Posts 998
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 2:13 PM

I cannot even find any classic books that do not own apart from one Russian title and a few Spanish volumes

Posts 20
Scott Cameron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:16 AM

Totally agree... I used to look forward to the first day of every month... It was "freebie day". I would look forward to the Logos "free book of the month", the Faithlife free ebook of the month, the classic free book, and an original free book. I really felt the benefits of being a Connect Faithlife subscriber. On top of that, recently a number of the free books offered are unable to be downloaded due to me being a UK Logos customer. The benefits of Connect Faithlife have definitely lost their sparkle... 

A major refresh would be greatly appreciated.

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Jake Press (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:23 AM

Hi Everyone,

We are working on a new way to give you more exposure to our Original content included in your Connect subscription. We will update you within the next 30 days, as we finalize the details for how to best give you access to those titles.

Thank you!

The Connect Team

Posts 20
Scott Cameron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 29 2018 5:31 PM

Jake Press (Faithlife):

We are working on a new way to give you more exposure to our Original content included in your Connect subscription. We will update you within the next 30 days, as we finalize the details for how to best give you access to those titles.

Hi Jake,

my present Connect Essentials subscription will expire in February. I’m really not sure if I want to renew the Essential subscription at $199.99 for another year, but am willing to be persuaded. i have the full features purchased already, and feel the choice of free monthly classic or original books are not ones that excite me any longer, and featured monthly sets seem to be very academic. The only thing that is stopping me from unsubscribing is the offer of any 2 video courses each year. Are we going to see any major new changes to the content, or fresh new enticements (in the way of fresh content) to stay with the subscription in 2019? 

Posts 3029
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 9:09 AM

Jake Press (Faithlife):

Hi Everyone,

Thank you!

The Connect Team

Jake

Do you know when we can expect to see digital versions of the 2019 Bible Study Monthly Magazine in our library as connect subscribers?  We are two issues in now and nothing digital yet.  Thank you

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Jake Press (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 9:38 AM

HI Scott, 

Thank you for your message and your patience as we begin the new year. We have big plans for Faithlife Connect in 2019 and updates to content in one of the things you will expect to see in March. The team is working on adjusting the benefits and adding additional value exclusively for Connect subscribers, that is all I can say right now of the forthcoming plans. Discoverability is high priority for us and we plan to expand how we show what is available each month across all of different products. We appreciate customers like yourself that help us shape this product to provide the best online service for studying the Bible. Thank you. More to come...

I'm glad that you are using the video courses! If I may ask, what have been your favorites thus far?

Thanks, 

Connect Team

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Jake Press (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 9:39 AM

Hi Mattillo, 

Hmmm. Thanks for reaching out. I'll be checking on that and get right back to you. 

Thank you, 

Connect Team

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 11:52 AM

Jake Press (Faithlife):

Hi Mattillo, 

Hmmm. Thanks for reaching out. I'll be checking on that and get right back to you. 

Thank you, 

Connect Team

Jake, can you please quote the previous message when replying?  That way all readers are in the loop.  Thank you.

Posts 3029
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 1:36 PM

Jake Press (Faithlife):

Hi Mattillo, 

Thank you, 

Connect Team

Any updates Jake on where the last two BSM issues might be in their digital format? Thank you

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Jake Press (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 11:10 AM

Yes, we are working on making this update. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready. 

Posts 3029
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 11 2019 10:18 AM

Jake Press (Faithlife):

Yes, we are working on making this update. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready. 

Thank you Jake.  I would love to go 100% digital with my BSM subscription sometime in the future but I would like for the issues to arrive timely to make it an option.  I hope that one day it does to make a digital subscription possible for me.  For now, I'll keep my paper subscription and I'll look forward to the future digital ones as well.

Posts 3029
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 9:37 AM

Jake Press (Faithlife):

Jake I noticed BSM Volume 11 appeared today for me.  Do you have any thoughts on what will happen with volume 11?  Will it eventually become available for purchase or will it be included with connect?

Posts 27136
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 9:52 AM

Mattillo:
Jake I noticed BSM Volume 11 appeared today for me.  Do you have any thoughts on what will happen with volume 11?  Will it eventually become available for purchase or will it be included with connect?

I am having troubles following your train of thought. Do you mean, "...or will it only be included with connect?" 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3029
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 10:01 AM

JT (alabama24):

Mattillo:

I am having troubles following your train of thought. Do you mean, "...or will it only be included with connect?" 

I will attempt to clarify myself.  Volume 10 was included for free to connect subscribers so I'm wondering if volume 11 will be the same?  If the previous is correct, will volume 10 come off the connect package? <-- This seems to be the case as I haven't purchased volume 11 and it is in my library but I did purchase volume 10.

Also, volume 10 is available for purchase on the Logos site.  I could not find volume 11 so I'm curious if/when that might become available.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS