A20 Bug - NT Clausal Outlines has grammatical links that don't go anywhere

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 22 2010 6:02 PM

Along the left side of this book are words that give helpful hints about the grammar.  In Eph 4:17, there are words like main verb, inf indir com, and prep phr.  Some of these words are in blue and a mouseover changes the cursor, but when I click on them, nothing happens; I'm expecting it to go to a glossary of some sort to give an explanation of the abbreviation and the grammar.  There appears to be a problem with the hyperlinks.

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 12:24 PM

James:

This time you have not found a bug. The indicating names of the type of word or grammatical construction are not meant to open a glossary. It does not do this in L4 on Windows or in Libronix. The tool-tip is all you get. You could go to the Suggest board, or email suggest@logos.com if you want to have the clicking on those items take you to a book definition that is more fleshed out than what you see. I looked at the beginning of the book and it strikes me as odd and unfortunate the author decided to leave out a glossary of those shortened terms. Most academic authors I know of who use obscure acronym or contractions (in my case for frequently cited primary resources with long titles) have, near the index or table of contents, a list of them and what they refer to.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS