Workflow Editor Improvements

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 2015
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 3:00 AM

Mark Barnes:
When I click on the Workflow anchor in the notes tool, I'd like to be taken to the correct step in the workflow, not just to the workflow.

You can add your voice to the existing "deep linking" suggestion.

A bug related to clicking the WF anchor is that a new instance of the WF will open each time, regardless of whether an instance is open already.

Posts 169
Eleanor Emmott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 7:51 AM

The Workflow Editor allows us to collapse or expand all steps.  I'd like to be able to do that in the workflows themselves as well (when they are not being edited).

Also, I'd like the option of being able to collapse major steps along with all of their minor steps.

In a long workflow with a lot of minor steps there can be a lot of scrolling up and down.  I would like to be able to collapse all the major steps except for the one that I'm working on.

Posts 2015
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 12:42 PM

Any ideas on how it might look to allow certain steps to interchange (reorder) with certain others (and perhaps repeat), but still be restricted to following others?

In other words how could an exegetical workflow be made "flexible" and yet give direction?

Posts 169
Eleanor Emmott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2018 11:50 AM

I like being able to add Guide sections like "Important Passages" and have them inline.  But once I have looked through the section and made my notes, some of the guide sections take up a lot of space and make it harder to scroll up and review my notes/answers.

It would be nice to be able to collapse the guide section without collapsing the entire Step.

Posts 26794
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2018 2:41 PM

16 is way too far down the list as it is essential for sermon preparation for more than half the pastors ... they've been limping along way to long.

subsidiary workflow https://community.logos.com/forums/p/174408/1020901.aspx#1020901 I don't see on the list although I know I've seen a request for them ...

and I didn't see a request for the dataset sections that are in the Passage Exegesis Workflow when there is no Guide section covering the data at the moment e.g. Miracles

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2015
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2018 11:07 PM

MJ. Smith:
16 is way too far down the list as it is essential for sermon preparation for more than half the pastors

Thanks for the feedback, MJ! I'll move "Key Type: Multi-Passage" higher up the list.

MJ. Smith:
subsidiary workflow https://community.logos.com/forums/p/174408/1020901.aspx#1020901 I don't see on the list although I know I've seen a request for them ...

I had seen this post and was planning to followup but simply didn't get it done yet. I'll add a simple line for now, so it doesn't get dropped.

MJ. Smith:
I didn't see a request for the dataset sections that are in the Passage Exegesis Workflow when there is no Guide section covering the data at the moment e.g. Miracles

Could you elaborate?

Posts 26794
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2018 12:29 AM

The Passage Exegesis Workflow has sections that use datasets that don't have a Guide section e.g.

Okay, I forgot about the Concordance Section which folds them into a Guide. My bad. Embarrassed

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2015
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 9:47 AM

Just a quick thank you to Faithlife for knocking out four items on my list in a single beta release!

Posts 12
Cindy Colbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:06 PM

While creating or editing a custom workflow, I'd really like a toggle switch to preview a final workflow's appearance & functionality (before clicking done which commits the changes made). As it stands now, I edit awhile, find myself wanting to view the final appearance so I click done & must enter a bible reference to preview what the final workflows functionality will look like... which creates more confusion ... which workflow to edit (the custom or the started workflow in progress), and I've found the changes don't always carry on to the one another consistently... more confusion all easily solved with a preview toggle in the editor. 

Posts 12
Cindy Colbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:22 PM

Totally agreed, the ability to add open a layout from within the workflow (without the workflow closing) would be great. 

Posts 2015
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 10:20 PM

Cindy Colbert:
While creating or editing a custom workflow, I'd really like a toggle switch to preview a final workflow's appearance & functionality (before clicking done which commits the changes made).

This was also brought up in beta testing. IIRC, Phil's idea was to have a refresh/update button in the editor. This would allow the WF and the editor to be opened side by side and instantly see the updates without closing the editor.

Originally I was only thinking of things that affect the final WF, but I'll add this one to the list. Thanks for the reminder!

Posts 169
Eleanor Emmott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2019 8:14 AM

After starting an instance of a workflow, it would be helpful to be able to edit its title in the "Started Workflows" section of the guides menu.

Right now the generated titles say things like "My Sermon Preparation | Matthew 3:1-17"

I'd love to be able to edit that to include the date I'm planning to preach, or my sermon title, etc.

Posts 2015
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:14 PM

Eleanor Emmott:
I'd love to be able to edit that to include the date I'm planning to preach, or my sermon title, etc.

In my mind, this would be best served by the project name. What do you think?

Posts 169
Eleanor Emmott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 8:36 AM

The project name would work, but only if it was included in the guides menu.

As you can see, I have several sermon workflows underway.  Currently, I'm preaching through Matthew so it isn't hard to remember which order they go in.  But if I were preaching from several different books over the next month, it would be very helpful to see a date or sermon title associated with the workflow to make it easier to identify them quickly.

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 9:42 AM

Eleanor Emmott:
But if I were preaching from several different books over the next month, it would be very helpful to see a date or sermon title associated with the workflow to make it easier to identify them quickly.

Smile

Regards, SteveF

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 6:05 AM

One simple addition I'd like to see, that I haven't seen suggested anywhere else, is the ability to switch "text" to "expandable text", or vice-versa. I've often started writing a text block, only to realise I want to say more than I expected.

Posts 2015
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 9:30 AM

Mark Barnes:
One simple addition I'd like to see, that I haven't seen suggested anywhere else, is the ability to switch "text" to "expandable text", or vice-versa.

Added to the list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts 291
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2019 4:58 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

I sincerely believe this to be the most crucial missing feature.

I also note that:

MJ. Smith:

Bible Notes should behave like a Bible Commentary - Study Bibles are the prime example.

(See https://community.logos.com/forums/p/173607/1023581.aspx)

such that Bible Notes show up as parallel resources for commentaries.  This would be helpful in various situations and would nicely complement allowing collections within Workflow Commentary sections.

Posts 169
Eleanor Emmott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 7:15 AM

The update in the newest Beta looks great!

I'm still looking forward to being able to click on the anchor and be taken to that spot in the workflow, but I like the preview.

(I'm not sure what they mean by "Added the ability to open the Notes Tool from a note icon within a workflow."  That feels like functionality we already had)

The new compact view in the notes tool may also be helpful for scanning through a notebook with a lot of workflow notes.

-----

Logos 8.4 Beta 1

Version: 8.4.0.0007
Released: March 12, 2019

New Features
  • Workflows
    • Added the ability to open the Notes Tool from a note icon within a workflow.
    • Added a preview of workflow questions to the note anchor.
  • Notes Tool
    • Added the ability to switch between two notes views.
    • Added a new “Compact List” view.

Posts 2015
    Forum MVP
    Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 7:37 AM

Eleanor Emmott:
    I'm still looking forward to being able to click on the anchor and be taken to that spot in the workflow,

Somehow it seems like I read somewhere that this is planned for this beta cycle (8.4), but I'm not positive.

Eleanor Emmott:
    That feels like functionality we already had

My thought exactly which is why I asked about it.

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS