Logos 8 and Canvas

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Rick Yohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2018 9:30 AM

I attempted to place Jeremiah 3 on my Canvas but only 15 verses showed. I tried two more times but experienced the same result. Anyone else have similar problems?

Rick Yohn

Posts 1972
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 10:10 AM

Confirmed. And changing the translation to NET results in only 13 verses. It seems to be constraining the text flow object to a max size(?).

Posts 986
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 10:11 AM

Hi Rick. 

Welcome to the forums! 

I can confirm that the same happens to me. I tried a bigger Paper Size (A3) but the passage still gets truncated part way through Jer 3:16. 

Same thing happens with other passage. I tried Luke 2 which got cut off at around v24

I wasn't aware that there was a limit on the number of verses that can be added to a Canvas document. 

Perhaps someone from FL can confirm!? 

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 12:41 PM

I find the canvas workflow to be a little cluncky and difficult and  at times to use. But perhaps will get better as I use more. 

Posts 986
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 1:17 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:

I find the canvas workflow to be a little cluncky and difficult and  at times to use. But perhaps will get better as I use more. 

Should have asked - have you tried using Canvas in the web app? Sometimes the Canvas took it less clunky in the web app than on desktop.

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 5:48 PM

Not a bug. It's a hard limit. Exists on desktop and web for any scripture reference. Not sure what the number is? It's probably for performance reasons. I don't think this would classify as a bug. But if enough people think it is too small of a limit (~500 words/objects, i'm guessing), you might suggest a different limit. I haven't thought of any cases yet where I would work with that much text in one single text-flow object. I'd make multipe insertions across multiple pages.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS