How to change the default Bible in Logos 8.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5
Patrick Burks | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2018 6:42 PM

This is a rather basic question for Logos 8. How do I change the default Bible that is being used for lookups on Logos 8? I couldn't find it.

Posts 25583
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 6:44 PM

Welcome to the forums. Library | Panel Menu (kebab) | Prioritize resources ... top Bible is the default

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5
Patrick Burks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 6:45 PM

Never mind problem solved you have to go to the library and change the priority.

Posts 5
Patrick Burks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 6:46 PM

Thank you for the reply I figured it out before I saw your reply, but thank you very much for helping.

Posts 534
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 6:43 AM

Patrick Burks:

Never mind problem solved you have to go to the library and change the priority.

This brings up a good point since you used to be able to quickly change the top bible from the homepage. I used that feature all the time but it's been removed in Logos 8 (unless I just missed it). I think this quick start feature should be restored to the homepage, especially for people newer to the software (and for people like me who switch their top bible a lot).

Posts 134
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 7:56 AM

It's been removed for now because the homepage we cannot customize so look for it to come back later when we can customize.

Posts 928
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 8:06 AM

Matt Hamrick:

It's been removed for now because the homepage we cannot customize so look for it to come back later when we can customize.

I don't know that any commitments regarding the prioritization tool have been made as it relates to homepage updates that are forthcoming.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 17632
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 8:13 AM

Thread => Logos 8 v 7 - Whats missing? includes a reply from Faithlife

Daniel Di Bartolo:

In terms of providing a quick way for users to change their preferred Bible from the Homepage, I'd love your feedback on a solution we're kicking the tires on. 

• We're considering making a command to "Set preferred Bible to____" in the Go Box, which you could then save as a shortcut. That way, you could set up several shortcuts to change your preferred Bible with just a click. Do you think that would meet your needs?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5
Patrick Burks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 8:36 AM

It's okay with me. I just didn't know how to change it. I frequently change between different English bibles.

Posts 25583
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 12:38 PM

Patrick Burks:

It's okay with me. I just didn't know how to change it. I frequently change between different English bibles.

One good thing to come out of this - I now know I am not the only one switching Bibles regularly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 106
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 12:51 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
We're considering making a command to "Set preferred Bible to____" in the Go Box, which you could then save as a shortcut. That way, you could set up several shortcuts to change your preferred Bible with just a click. Do you think that would meet your needs?

You have my vote!

Posts 5
Derek R. Iannelli-Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 3:40 AM

what is "priority" as I do not see that option when I click on "Libary" - I have three horizontal chevrons on immediate left (open or close sidebar), a search bar, change resource display mode, information, open floating window, and open or close popup menu.  I do not see anything with "priority"

Posts 5
Derek R. Iannelli-Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 3:40 AM

what is "priority" as I do not see that option when I click on "Libary" - I have three horizontal chevrons on immediate left (open or close sidebar), a search bar, change resource display mode, information, open floating window, and open or close popup menu.  I do not see anything with "priority"

Posts 224
John Connell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 3:52 AM

Click on those three little dots at the far right top of the Library Panel. You will see "Prioritize Resources" near the bottom of the drop down menu. Drag resources into the Prioritization panel and order them as you like.

https://www.logos.com/advanced-training/logos5/windows/prioritize

Posts 5
Patrick Burks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 3:56 AM

Pastor Greg:

We're considering making a command to "Set preferred Bible to____" in the Go Box, which you could then save as a shortcut. That way, you could set up several shortcuts to change your preferred Bible with just a click. Do you think that would meet your needs?

You have my vote!

That would be a good idea considering that I change from different Bibles such as the NASB and the English Bible and the JPS Tanakh and the New American Bible.

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 6:21 AM

My feedback :  follow the example of theWord (free Bible software) --  right-click on a Bible tab > make default.   Easy, quick, intuitive.

Thread => Logos 8 v 7 - Whats missing? includes a reply from Faithlife

Daniel Di Bartolo:

In terms of providing a quick way for users to change their preferred Bible from the Homepage, I'd love your feedback on a solution we're kicking the tires on. 

• We're considering making a command to "Set preferred Bible to____" in the Go Box, which you could then save as a shortcut. That way, you could set up several shortcuts to change your preferred Bible with just a click. Do you think that would meet your needs?

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS