Dr Grant Osborne

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4389
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2021 7:33 AM

Just FYI, this will be the last volume. I was hoping they would finish it with a different author but that won’t be happening. RIP

Posts 2874
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2021 5:44 PM

Sorry to hear of the passing of this excellent scholar.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 7868
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2021 5:57 PM

Mattillo:

Just FYI, this will be the last volume. I was hoping they would finish it with a different author but that won’t be happening. RIP

Is this a FL official news? Last I checked they said they were going to try to think of something to finish the entire NT.

Maybe they could ask close scholar authors that were friends with Osbourne to write the rest of the NT books that are missing “In Honor of Grant Osbourne.” Life Application Commentaries NT has a few, I think (e.g. Barton Bruce and Phillip Comfort) 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 4389
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2021 6:37 PM
That is what lexham Press said on Twitter
Posts 7868
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2021 2:24 AM

Mattillo:

Oh well, at least Hebrews got finished ✅ 

Posts 115
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 12:05 PM

Mattillo:

As far as I know, we are still exploring a way to finish the NT for this series. I think the tweet was referring to Hebrews as the final volume that Osborne directly worked on and wasn't meant to be an announcement of the end of the series.

Posts 4389
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 12:14 PM

That's awesome news! I hope it does get finished. I know you'll do a great job with it if you do go that route :)

Posts 2691
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 12:46 PM

Big shoes to shadow fill, but that would be good to have a full set.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 115
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 12:56 PM

Mattillo:

I hope it does get finished.

I'm not involved in the series, so I don't know more details. I think the hope is to find a way to finish with an author or authors who can continue in the path that Osborne would have followed for these. I was mainly sharing that I don't think Lexham intentionally made an official announcement that it was done. 

Posts 1530
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 7:32 PM

Mattillo:

That's awesome news! I hope it does get finished. I know you'll do a great job with it if you do go that route :)

Yes

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS