Command line options

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Henry Whitney | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 5 2018 6:17 AM

I would like to use the OSX command line to tell Logos (which is already open) to show a given passage in UBS5. The closest I can get from online information is this command

open -a /Applications/Logos.app logosres:esv;ref=BibleESV.Ro6.4

This does open the ESV if it is not already open, but it opens to the last passage I looked up in the app, not to the place specified on the command line, and I cannot figure out how to get to any Greek source: if the proper database opens, it says I don't have a license to view it, even though I can view it in the app.

Any ideas?

Posts 17899
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 1:47 PM

Henry Whitney:
Any ideas?

Welcome Big Smile

Suspect terminal is interpreting ; as a command delimiter so try quoting parameter string for Logos.app

open -a /Applications/Logos.app 'logosres:esv;ref=BibleESV.Ro6.4'

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Henry Whitney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 6:11 AM

Thank you, KS4J!

If I use double quotes instead of single quotes, that does open the ESV to the desired passage, and if I have the UBS5 and the ESV in the same link set, the UBS5 correctly opens also. Is there any way to get just the UBS5 to open? I've tried both ubs and ubs5 as values for logosres, but neither works, nor does BibleUBS5 or BibleUBS. (Trial and error gets me to the correct passage.)

Is there a database somewhere that gives ideas for changing the specified version?

Posts 17899
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 7:31 AM

Henry Whitney:
Is there a database somewhere that gives ideas for changing the specified version?

Suggest opening resource in Logos so can copy location as URL (so can copy appropriate items)

https://ref.ly/logosres/ubs5?ref=BibleUBS4.Mt6.9

Bible Map for UBS5 is BibleUBS4

Logos wiki has => Bible Verse Maps and => Bible Datatypes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Henry Whitney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 11:49 AM

Ah, Bingo -- everything I needed to know!

Thank you very much for your help, KS4J!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS