Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 301
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 10 2018 9:13 AM

So, I'm spoiled with many resources in my library. Monthly I check out the free Faithlife Ebook Original I can fetch, but every button of the ten available books are colored green with "Add to Cart." So I click on one... oh, I already own it. So I click on another... oh I already own it. Click a third. Oh. See the woes that are indelibly mine from having so many resources? Perhaps others suffer greatly as I do. Maybe the buttons can be grayed out so I can save 45 seconds of my life. :) And, uhhhhhhh, maybe there can be more choices than picking from ten (which most/all are already owned). Oh the burdens I bear. 

Posts 45
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2018 10:15 AM

Steve Farson:
maybe there can be more choices than picking from ten (which most/all are already owned)

While thankful for ANY free books, a number of us have posted to the same issue.

It isn't a benefit once it's exhausted. This one is spent, & THANK YOU FL for offering it at all. Thank you, too, for listening. And thank you for either refreshing the list--or expanding it to ALL the Faithlife Ebook originals each month instead of a "featured 10" that doesn't change.

Posts 37
LogosEmployee
Jake Press (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 8:04 AM

Hi Steve and Bill, 

Yes, thank you for your feedback. We know you should not have to guess when it comes to whether or not you have the Ebook. :) We also know you want a refreshing list of ebooks to select from. We hear you and plan on making it even easier for you. As with any new product launch, sometimes we will deliver features to benefit our customers and fully know we need to make tweaks and updates to continue improving the experience. We have this request listed in our backlog and we're going to get to it as soon as we can. We hope you are enjoying all of the new great features of Logos 8 and looking forward to continue updating Connect with great things to come.

Thank you, 

The Connect Team

Posts 45
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 4:16 PM

Jake Press (Faithlife):
Yes...........

THANK YOU!

Posts 1289
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 3:19 PM

Jake,

This month, once again, out of the 10 selectable FL Original books, 8 of them I already own.

This is highly frustrating. I am seriously considering canceling my FLC subscription.

Peter

Posts 1749
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 4:00 PM

PL:

Jake,

This month, once again, out of the 10 selectable FL Original books, 8 of them I already own.

This is highly frustrating. I am seriously considering canceling my FLC subscription.

Peter

Peter, I owed 9 of the 10 books featured.  So I used my code to get the one I did not have. I don't see it as a negative and would not cancel a subscription over it.

But you can always turned the negative into a positive by not buying books and hope to get them free one day.

Posts 255
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 4:19 PM

To The Connect Team,

connect.faithlife.com has a different Faithlife Ebooks Originals list with a selection of 20 books - https://ebooks.faithlife.com/search?context=product&sortBy=Bestselling&limit=15&page=2&filters=Faithlife%20Ebooks%20Originals%3Aresourcetype-faithlifeebooksoriginals_Resource%20Type 

Interestingly, the buttons for unlocked selections are grayed out on this list. 

On the emailed list with 10 resources all are unlocked already. On the list available through connect.faithlife.com there are three out of the 20 available for selection. I would appreciate being able to use the code for this month to select from the list available at connect.faithlife.com.

Posts 2659
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 4:24 PM

Roger Dittmar:
connect.faithlife.com has a different Faithlife Ebooks Originals list with a selection of 20 books

That appears to be an old list from a previous month, back when FL offered 20 Originals book choices per month.

Posts 255
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 4:38 PM

PetahChristian:
That appears to be an old list from a previous month, back when FL offered 20 Originals book choices per month.

I think it's an old Originals list, also, likewise for the Classics list.  I'm not at all clear about how a new customer would stumble across connect.faithlife.com to subscribe. However, those are the lists on the official Faithlife Connect site.

Posts 1289
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 5:57 PM

Can Faithlife / Jake clarify which is the correct list for this month? 

If the expanded (20-book) list is the correct one, I would like to exchange for one of the books on this larger list.

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 2659
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 6:17 PM

PL:
which is the correct list for this month?

If you click on the Browse Faithlife Originals link (found on the Get Started with Faithlife Connect page), you'll see that it's the correct list for this month.

Posts 37
LogosEmployee
Jake Press (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 8:56 AM

You are correct. This link to access is: https://ebooks.faithlife.com/originals this comes directly from Launch App > Ebooks > [Browse Faithlife Originals]. Yes, as I mentioned, we are working on a better way to display this and also keeping in mind how we refresh the list each month. I will take these thoughts back the team. Thanks for your feedback. 

Posts 301
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 10:05 AM

So, another month, I go to https://ebooks.faithlife.com/originals 

Ten resources all with green buttons (again). After clicking all I see there is one I don't own... "Splashing in Puddles... How to be a father to your daughter." Shows the boots of a little girl. I remember when my daughter wore these 25 years ago. Oh well, another month. To be sure, who am I to whine! Juuuuust mentioning this if there is an opportunity to implement some kind of "previously owned" button and maybe expand the monthly list beyond ten? Cool

Posts 17458
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 11:26 AM

Jake Press (Faithlife):
Yes, as I mentioned, we are working on a better way to display this and also keeping in mind how we refresh the list each month. I will take these thoughts back the team.

+1 desire larger pool of Originals every month along with showing what is already owned; would appreciate seeing quickly what is available for addition to my library. "Congratulations, you own everything this month" would be appreciated (so can spend time using library instead of losing time looking at stuff already owned).

My wallet is Thankful for lack of eBook filtering by ownership: typically too tedious to look for titles to add to library - all titles always showing wastes lots of time clicking/scrolling past those already owned. Dreaming of a way to filter resources by ownership: either URL unlocked modification and/or facet (similar to Status so can filter Live that are available to purchase now)

FYI: earlier this year exhausted Classic Book pool, which was quite tedious to click through ebooks web site to verify. Searching Logos.com for Classic Books that were available had no results - awesome would be ownership filtering result that says: "Congratulations, you own them all"

Personally dislike user interface penchant trend to always show everything, which is also appearing in applications. Stores have shelves to group items for viewing (do like facets for filtering). Cabinets and drawers also are useful. Google mail has filtering options that allow incoming email to be labeled and skip the inbox, which is quite useful for prioritizing order of reading & response (labeled email can be searched with option to limit search to a label).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 12700
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 11:48 AM

PL:

I'm in this situation too.

Whilst I understand Lexham don't want to make all their A-list titles available for free, I feel it's important that there's a genuine choice each month for every customer.

There are apparently 274 resources in the Lexham catalog. Even if 30-40 of those are bundles, and another 50 are a-listers that you don't want to give away (I'm still waiting for Authorised!), it should be relatively straightforward to ensure all customers get a genuine choice each month.

Posts 26328
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 1:18 PM
Mark Barnes:
(I'm still waiting for Authorised!),
+1

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS