Access to Logos on Fire TV?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3649
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 12 2018 5:59 AM

I would like to know if:

1. If it possible to read logos resources through the Faithlife TV app. I know I can access mobile ed. videos, but can I see other content I own?

2. Is there a simple and effective way to listen to the Scriptures in Faithlife TV? The "Read Scripture" section apparently only gives intros to Bible books and the Bible Study section has the four gospels. What if I wanted to use the ESV or LEB audio Bibles for instance?

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:08 AM

Francis:

I would like to know if:

1. If it possible to read logos resources through the Faithlife TV app. I know I can access mobile ed. videos, but can I see other content I own?

2. Is there a simple and effective way to listen to the Scriptures in Faithlife TV? The "Read Scripture" section apparently only gives intros to Bible books and the Bible Study section has the four gospels. What if I wanted to use the ESV or LEB audio Bibles for instance?

No to both, sorry. The TV apps are video only.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:33 AM

Though don't forget there are web browsers on Fire TV (Silk and Firefox). Worth trying https://app.logos.com/ or even https://biblia.com/ 

Posts 3649
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:37 AM

Thanks, Mark. When I last tried the browsers, the way navigation is implemented was so sluggish and inefficient, that killed for me. Have you found a wieldy way to use these browsers?

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:54 AM

Francis:

Thanks, Mark. When I last tried the browsers, the way navigation is implemented was so sluggish and inefficient, that killed for me. Have you found a wieldy way to use these browsers?

I got rid of my FireStick when the Amazon Video app became available for Apple TV. However, you can install apps that emulate a mouse on the TV. You can google for lots of options.

Posts 3649
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 7:05 AM

I'll look into it.

Posts 297
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 11:10 PM

You can also play the Bible on your Smartphone and cast it to the Fire TV. There are some apps that even emulate an Apple TV, so even casting from an iPhone works.

Posts 976
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2018 8:33 AM

1. No.

2. We do have the LEB Video Bible. It is audio and text of the New Testament. It's part of the Faithlife TV Plus subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS