Bug: Favourites keep expanding ... expansion state is not persistent

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 14 2018 1:21 AM

1. Open Favourites ... they are all expanded.

Bug 1: No collapse All option! (OK ... maybe a feature missing ... rather than a bug ... )

2. Collapse all the favourites sections 

3. Close Favourites

4. Open Favourites ... they are all expanded ... Goto 2.

Bug 2: The collapsed /open state is not persistent.

Bug 3: Look at the favourites ... the top level entries seem to have been rearranged into alphabetical order ... rather than the order that I left them in! Thankful that this is only the top level since the order of most resources is either canonical or based on my usage/rating/own internal logic.

Some of this may be L8 and not L8B2 ... I have not used L8 for organising resources much because of the info panel crash (Thanks for fixing that Smile

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

Martin Folley:
Bug 2: The collapsed /open state is not persistent.

This has been reported before; see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/171336.aspx. I'll add a link to your thread to the case. 

Posts 2567
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 9:14 AM

Martin Folley:

Bug 1: No collapse All option! (OK ... maybe a feature missing ... rather than a bug ... )

I'll write up a case for this.

Martin Folley:

Bug 3: Look at the favourites ... the top level entries seem to have been rearranged into alphabetical order ... rather than the order that I left them in! Thankful that this is only the top level since the order of most resources is either canonical or based on my usage/rating/own internal logic.

I'm not able to reproduce this on 8.1 Beta 2. Can you provide some screenshots or a screencast so I can confirm that I'm trying to reproduce the same thing? When I order and reorder folders and items in folders it keeps the order I last used, even after closing and restarting the application.

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 9:43 AM

Sorry Philana, I probably did not make myself clear as usual.

It is not something I can reproduce, it is something that has simply happened ... all of my top level entries are as if sorted by name ... into alphabetical order. I do not recall doing this deliberately ... it may be that I did it by accident; ... the right-click on an entry still does not give any indication as to which resource is selected; ... or it may be something that happened between L7 and L8 ... I put it out there to see if others have had the same issue ... it could be and probably is just me ... 

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 2567
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 10:12 AM

Hi Martin,

Is it possible you inadvertantly clicked "Sort by Name"? That would explain why it was sorted alphabetically.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS