Bible Illustrator Formatting

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 11:24 AM

John Fidel:

Kyle,

I think the OT version is in pre pub. Can you state whether the same problem will be present when it is released or will they be properly formatted?

That would be pretty helpful to know - probably the main deciding factor on whether I keep it in my prepub or not.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 992
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 11:47 AM

Richard Villanueva:

John Fidel:

Kyle,

I think the OT version is in pre pub. Can you state whether the same problem will be present when it is released or will they be properly formatted?

That would be pretty helpful to know - probably the main deciding factor on whether I keep it in my prepub or not.

No. We'll adjust the print formatting so it's more readable in the digital format.

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 1:21 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:
No. We'll adjust the print formatting so it's more readable in the digital format.

If that is the case - then it looks like a keeper.  Thanks for the response.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 5:50 AM

Please advise the status of the reformatting of this series.

Thanks!

Posts 1219
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 7:33 AM

John Fidel:

Please advise the status of the reformatting of this series.

Thanks!

I just got this set in a recent purchase and noticed the same awful formatting. I am glad something is being done.....is there a time frame for when we will see it fixed?

Posts 992
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 3:34 PM

Thanks for your patience everyone.

We have an update to these volumes ready to go. It will be pushed out on July 23. It should make things much easier to read.

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 3:52 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

We have an update to these volumes ready to go. It will be pushed out on July 23. It should make things much easier to read.

Thanks for the update 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 6:38 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Exciting news. Thanks Kyle! 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 8:38 PM

Thanks Kyle.

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 9:08 PM

I appreciate this!

I was wondering with the OT Illustrator community bidding almost complete! Looking forward to the newer formatting. 

Posts 992
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2019 7:49 AM

Just so I can set some expectations ahead of time. There will be some differences between the Old Testament and New Testament formatting.

New Testament

Due to some constraints of updating a published resource as opposed to starting from scratch the paragraph divisions will occur in three primary places:

• New verse range indicators
  • Verse range sub-topics. (These are marked off by italics in the text)
  • Roman Numeral and Small Caps divisions.

There are still a few longer paragraphs but overall the paragraph lengths are about the same size as a modern commentary. The textual formatting should make it easy for a reader to skim the content.

Old Testament

Once this goes into production we'll have the luxury of starting from scratch. This will allow us to do additional formatting for sub-points within the Roman Numeral division.

Posts 3229
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 6:13 AM

This is exciting!  Thx Kyle.  I've stayed away from this series because it gave me a headache trying to read it.  It may find some use now :)

PS I noticed the OT went into production as well so even better!

Posts 3229
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 6:16 AM

Mattillo:

PS I noticed the OT went into production as well so even better!

Correction it moves into production on 7/19 so get your bids in now if you want it.  Currently at $43

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 5:58 AM

The revised formatted versions just uploaded. Thanks for making this resource more readable!

Posts 452
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 7:07 PM

Thank you, John, Kyle, and All!

Posts 414
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 12:07 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

New Testament

Due to some constraints of updating a published resource as opposed to starting from scratch the paragraph divisions will occur in three primary places:

• New verse range indicators
  • Verse range sub-topics. (These are marked off by italics in the text)
  • Roman Numeral and Small Caps divisions.

Looks much better now.  A lot easier to read.

Thank you.

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2019 5:52 PM

George:

Looks much better now.  A lot easier to read.

Thank you.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2019 8:40 PM

👍🏽👍🏽 This makes a world of difference!! The resource is much more readable. This is great, particularly because the series is part of numerous base packages and Lots of customers have now acquired this resource.

It’s amazing to me how important formatting is to making a text more easily read. It’s one of the reasons I love my single column, paragraph-formatted physical bible. 

Thanks FL for the effort put forth. I’m looking forward to the OT addition  

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS