BUGS or INCONSISTENCIES in the Passage List handling of the Ancient Literature section

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25828
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 14 2018 3:04 PM

Note that I used John 3:16 as my test case and a single section Guide - Ancient Literature. The Passage List was manually created although all passages were added via the Ancient Literature Context Menus.

1. I mis-remembered as I thought Icould convert the Ancient Literature references to a Passage List which was helpful for sorting and deleting items as I checked them. Think of the Passage List functioning as a work list. But I found I could not do this ...I prefer my erroneous memory method to the actual implementation but it's no big deal. Thanks to Mark, I now know my memory was correct but incomplete ... right click on Ancient Literature title line ...

2. The Full/Compact action does nothing beyond "full" putting the first reference a bit higher than "compact" which lowers it. This is an amusing, non-productive feature that does no harm. However, I was surprised that when I put in a book that contains one of the references (see The Trinity as the top resource on the left above), not even that reference actually expanded. I like being able to use the Passage List outside Bible references, but it appears to be a mix of implemented/not implemented. If only Bible references can use full/compact, shouldn't the pick list of resources be limited and the full/compact option grayed out? If other references can use full/compact, then there appears to be a bug in the feature.

3. I tried the auto-generated (right-click "Save as Passage List" did. Same lack of full/compact feature and an amusing memorize function ... the heading contains a list of all required resources but the code does not select the appropriate one. Manually changing the  CM option make the quote appear.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 12936
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 3:11 PM

MJ. Smith:
I mis-remembered as I thought Icould convert the Ancient Literature references to a Passage List which was helpful for sorting and deleting items as I checked them.

Right-click on the "Ancient Literature" heading.

Posts 25828
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 3:17 PM

Thanks Mark ... one thing I didn't think to try.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1215
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 3:44 PM

Hi MJ.

I'm confused by the thread/post title. It seems this is much more about (non-Bible) passage lists, and not much about the Ancient Literature guide section itself. Just want to make sure I'm not missing a direct question about the Ancient Literature section data.

- Rick

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 25828
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 3:58 PM

You're correct Rick - its about the Passage List handling of the Ancient Literature, I'll correct the title. Sorry you were bothered. However, since you're here, why isn't the order in the Guide the same as in the documentation? Old Testament Pseudepigrapha seems out of order logically.

And has the documentation been kept up-to-date re:resources? The support info is 

LLS:CIDBDOCANCLIT
2016-09-21T22:48:46Z
CIDBDOCANCLIT.logos4

but I know resources were added to the dataset last July.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS